SEND LETTERS TO...
Hermana Allesha R. Hatch
L.D.S. Mission Office
260 Maple Court Suite 120
Ventura, California 93003
L.D.S. Mission Office
260 Maple Court Suite 120
Ventura, California 93003
Sunday, February 28, 2010
"Mi Familia!!!" February 25, 2010
Ok so since I only get 30 minutes on here I've decided when you can you guys should just mail or dear elder me so i can spend all my internet time writing. Literally there's a clock on my screen counting down as we speak. It's intense. I appreciated all of your emails. I miss all of you so much- when I have time to miss you of course. It's a good thing they keep me busy. But guess what, I think I get to call home at the airport when I'm flying to Cali! Right now my departure date is March 31 but these things change sometimes so I'll keep you posted. Yup, I still have 6 weeks in here. But I can't believe I'm already a third of the way done! No new sisters in our zone so we're still the special four, but maybe next week. We decided that we kind of like being the only sisters :) My companera and I still get along really well. Don't worry, we've had our share of confrontations and interesting companionship inventories (never fights though) but we are that much stronger and closer because of it. I'm teaching her how to communicate better and she's teaching me to be a little more sensitive. Evidently I'm passionate and intense haha. Who would've thought? ;) The hardest part about being coordinating sister- because let's face it I don't really have to do much- is just worrying about the other sisters. It's really good for me though because I'm so preoccupied with everyone else's problems I don't even have time to feel sorry for myself or have my own breakdown. I didn't even cry until this past week, and that was only because I was so worried about one of my hermanas. I'm just saying this cause we all know how emotional I can be occasionally - but I've been doing pretty well. I still love my district and we grow closer everyday. We have one Elder that has really been struggling with wanting to go home. Please remember him in your prayers. The hermanas in the district fasted for him last week and that night our teacher had us watch a talk given by Elder Holland called "The Miracle of Missionary Work". It's pretty much the best and most intense talk ever! I love it so much! In it one of the things he says is that he felt impressed to share that if anyone is thinking they want to go home, they shouldn't. Not for the church, or for investigators, but for themselves. His mission meant everything to him and he inspires me to put everything into this short year and a half. Well, this talk was perfect for this Elder too and we knew that it was in answer to our fast and prayers! I've never felt Heavenly Father's love so much for me, my family, and every person we teach here. I am so glad that I came on a mission and I know that it will change my life forever. Last night we had another TRC in which we got placed into a room with "The bald man". Literally, that's what our district refers to him as. He is the most feared volunteer in the TRC because he asks soooo many questions- difficult questions too! We found out later that our teacher deliberately put us with him. Isn't that cruel? ;) Well, all I have to say is that the Lord's Spirit helped direct us both to know what to say and the lesson went great- difficult questions and all. The beginning Spanish part was iffy but I'm definitely getting better. It was funny cause one of the comments our teacher put on our eval form was "All i have to say is that you actually got the bald man to nod and smile!" It's amazing how much the Lord helps us when we rely completely on Him. And I am so grateful for all of the studying of the Gospel I've done to have stored for Him to bring to my mind answers. But in the end, it is the Lord's Spirit that teaches and it doesn't matter how well we do, but how the investigator was affected. I know that that man felt God's love for him and that was the best part of the night. I've realized that the Lord is having me learn Spanish to teach me lots of humility. First, because I'm not that great at it, and second because I rely so much on my words when I'm teaching that Spanish forces me to simply bear testimony and truths of the Gospel. It's frustrating a lot, but I know that it will be a blessing to me. Hermana Peters and I successfully taught the first lesson in Spanish last sat, although it definitely wasn't perfect. We're also almost done with all the grammar principles. One of our teachers told us that we are moving at the same rate as the accelerated Spanish class here- and half of us have never spoken it before in our lives! It's amazing what faith, prayer, and a lot of help from the Lord can do. Oh yeah, I didn't tell you that I go to the missionary choir. It's pretty huge and we sing for Tuesday night devotionals. It's pretty fun- especially when we get good music. None of the twelve have visited yet, but many wonderful general authorities, including Jay e. Jensen and Janice Kapp Perry came on sun to relief society. I got to meet her! Well, life really is great! I love it here! I love the Lord and I love all of you sooooo much! I love hearing from you! Keep studying the Book of Mormon and pray every chance you get! The Lord loves us so much and I am so grateful for His Gospel! Don't ever stray from the path! Choose the right! :) Ok, enough preaching- but I mean it with all my heart. One minute left so goodbye for this week and I'll try to write individual little letters today to respond to your emails. Love you! -Hermana Hatch
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment