"And they were all young men (and young women), and they were exceedingly valiant for courage, and also for strength and activity; but behold, this was not all- they were men (and women) who were true at all times in whatsoever thing they were entrusted."
-Alma 53:20, California Ventura Mission Theme

SEND LETTERS TO...

Hermana Allesha R. Hatch
L.D.S. Mission Office
260 Maple Court Suite 120
Ventura, California 93003

Sunday, March 7, 2010

"Greetings from the Nunnery :)" March 4, 2010

Holla mi familia! How are y'all? Thanks for the emails and letters and such. It's great to hear from you all! I think about all of you all the time and have our family picture on my study binder. For our Spanish teaching activity last night I actually got to show the picture and talk about y'all in Spanish. Fun stuff. The Spanish is still frustrating of course because there is so much I want to say, and I feel so inhibited by my small vocabulary. However, I'm keeping my faith and trust in the Lord and I know that He will bless me as I give everything I have. I already have seen His help and am amazed by how much we learn in so little time. It's also sometimes discouraging because my companion speaks more confidently than I do with Spanish. I try not to compare, but it's hard not to get frustrated when you have to be asking your companion how to say things all the time. At least I understand most of what I hear, I'm just a bit slower forming correct sentences. Guess what?! We got a new roommate! She's not in our zone but she's super nice. Her companion (another roommate) should be showing up any day. And guess what again?! They are both native Spanish speakers!!!! Isn't that awesome?! The Lord is definitely helping us out. She already said she can help us with Spanish. I'm so excited! Sister Dibbs (President Monson's daughter and a Young Women General Authority) came on Sunday for Relief Society. It was great! Then Jay E. Jensen came for the Tuesday night devotional. That was also really good. They are always wonderful, but I'll be honest we always secretly hope for one of the Apostles. It doesn't matter though cause we always learn a lot and feel of the Lord's love for His missionaries. Sorry I'm having a hard time knowing what to say :) Plus there are a lot of elders in this computer lab distracting me. My Hawaiian friend Sis. B left for her mission and I was so sad to say goodbye, but so excited for her. We committed to writing each other and I know I'll see her after the mission. There's a new elder from Gilbert AZ in my gym time that plays vball and so we have a good time. He went to highland and looks really familiar but we can't figure it out. His name is Elder Rassel (I think that's right). I still love my district and Hermanas and my teachers. I feel very blessed. Last Saturday I had a hard day and just very emotional. It was for a lot of reasons, but one of the Elders in my district gave me and Hermana Flower a blessing. It was neat because we were the first ones they had ever done. That's how it is with most of the elders. It's really awesome to see them grow and mature. I have been so impressed by most all of the Elders here. They are so respectful to us, take our trays, let us move to the front of the line, open doors, stand up when we walk in the room, etc, etc. And listening to them bear testimony and teach has changed my respect for missionaries everywhere. These Elders are truly called of God and He knew what He was doing when he called 19 young men to the work. I have been overwhelmed again and again by the Spirit that they have and the power of the calling. I love being a missionary and I know that this is the Church of Christ restored to the Earth. We are children of God and I know that if we live his teachings and come unto Christ we will live with Him again someday. Thank you for all the love and support! I love and miss you all! Muchos Amor, Hermana Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment