"And they were all young men (and young women), and they were exceedingly valiant for courage, and also for strength and activity; but behold, this was not all- they were men (and women) who were true at all times in whatsoever thing they were entrusted."
-Alma 53:20, California Ventura Mission Theme

SEND LETTERS TO...

Hermana Allesha R. Hatch
L.D.S. Mission Office
260 Maple Court Suite 120
Ventura, California 93003

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Holla mi familia amado! :) March 25, 2010

I am definitely still a work in progress and I definitely still need work with "fixing" my hard days- or should I say with getting help from the Lord to "fix" my hard days. The Atonement can help us with every aspect of our lives. I wish that I could spend hours teaching you all about what I've come to learn about our Savior and how to utilize His marvelous Atonement. Since I can't I encourage each of you to study about our Savior and His atoning sacrifice and what it means in your life. Learn how to use and apply it to every thing you experience. He wants us to use this gift that He gives to all of us freely- but we have to put in effort to let it run through and into our lives. Sometimes it's easy to feel alone here, even though I'm surrounded by people. Nobody really knows who you are and there are burdens that I carry that I can't share with even my companion- things to do with being the coordinating sister. I am learning to truly make the Savior my best friend. I still have so much farther to go, but I am grateful for the trials that I have, and had throughout my life that humble me and help me turn to Him. Every trial we have is for a purpose- He really is trying to shape us into sancified, children of God. So why should we complain? Why should we feel sorry for ourselves? If we only knew what we could be, the real kind of life we could live, we would only thank Him again and again for each experience in our lives. We lived with God before we came to Earth. He has known us for a long time- He knows us better than anyone- even ourselves because we cannot remember that time before this life. So who would know better than Him what we need to face in this life in our journey to become like Him. Is that truly what we want? We need to want to become like Him and return to Him someday, truly want it. And then if we truly desire it we would do ANYTHING for it. ANYTHING! Never forget that He wants us to succeed. He has given us all the anwers, and many people and sources to help us. Turn to Him for everything! I know that this is true.
Sorry for that random tangent, but the Atonement means so much more to me than it ever has and I want you all to experience the joy it can bring in your lives. This week has been great, other than having a cold the last couple of days. I didn't get to go to the temple this morning cause the nurse told me and Hermana Flower (who is also sick) that we needed to protect the old people that work there. Those were literally her words. So we did our good deed for the day and protected the elderly by not attending the temple :)

My official departure date is April 5th probably sometime in the morning (possibly very early in the morning). We do get to call from the airport but we don't have our travel plans yet so I can't tell you specific time. I'll let you know next week. It's crazy that I leave this place in only a week and a half! AHHH!!!!! I'm excited but kind of freaking out. I still don't really know Spanish- and I hear it'll be about 4-5 more months before I feel comfortable with it. Depressing huh? Talk about a trial of patience. By the way, did anyone ever call from the church asking for any phone numbers from you of people I know? Just wondering. I still enjoy going to the RC (a center where the missionaries call people to see if they are interested in learning about the church). My favorite is when I get hung up on :) Sometimes all I need to say is "Hi, I'm from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints" *Click* they hang up. So all y'all that get calls from the church, please think of me and don't hang up on them. Just be nice cause we're just trying to share with you something that means everything to us. :)
Thanks for your love and support. Letters are awesome! and I can't wait to get the pictures. I love you soooooooo much family! I miss you all and I hope everything is going great!!! Have a great week and I'll talk to y'all later!
You dearest daughter and sister :)
Hermana Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment