Hey y'all! Thanks everyone for the emails and dear elders this week. Getting mail is the best! I can feel all of your prayers for me and I feel so lucky to have such great family support system! I definitely feel the love :) It was daylight savings this past weekend- Who does that?! I was so bummed that it actually applied to me for the first time ever! It was definitely hard to wake up the next morning! I'll be honest, I went on and on about how awesome arizona is for not having it. I think my roommates got annoyed- oops. Our elders got moved around in companionships this week and it's been TONS better in our district since then. We have a new District Leader because the old one and one of his companions (they are in a trio) got called to be the new zone leaders. So basically our district is pretty awesome because we have all the Zone leadership in there. Our Sunday morning branch council meeting will be half of our district- haha. It's great! It's crazy how different our district is to other ones- the Elders will be the first to say it's because we have Hermanas in ours. They're so sweet- all my new little brothers. We have another new district in the zone but still no new Hermanas- which we are actually ok with. It was Elder Bills (one of the ZLs) birthday on Sunday so we had a little fiesta for him and decorated the room a little. It was a fun change.
Funny story- Hermana Flower doesn't really let the elders take her food tray for her at meals and often takes all of ours for us. We just let her cause we know how stubborn she is. On Sunday she refused some elders help again and as she walked away we realized that the Mission Presidency of the MTC was sitting a table away from us and were staring with very confused looks as to why this sister was carrying her tray defiantly. We joke about how at our next fireside they'll make an announcement about how the sisters need to let the elders help them. Guess what?!?!?! Tuesday night Elder Cook came for the devotional!!!!!! It was AMAZING! I've been reading about the Apostles in the New Testament and realized that night that this man, an Apostle in our day, was easily comparable to those men- men of God, men that He calls friends. The Spirit was so strong and our district meeting afterwards was awesome too! It was such a great night!
Sister Neild got me ice packs for my knee the other day. They are wonderful women and they take good care of us. This past TRC was by far the hardest we've had. We had to teach the bald hard man again that I've mentioned before- but in Spanish- AND he was Jewish!!!! Yeah it was pretty tough and I almost had a billion panick attacks throughout the lesson. Fortunately the Spirit helped us, my companion bore a strong testimony of the fist vision, and we got through. Life here is great and I'm learning more and more! I'm actually starting to love having a companion (crazy huh!?). She's awesome and sooo patient with me. I love her a lot. I'm out of time so I guess I'll talk to you next week. Hasta Luego! Muchos Amor, Hermana Hatch
SEND LETTERS TO...
Hermana Allesha R. Hatch
L.D.S. Mission Office
260 Maple Court Suite 120
Ventura, California 93003
L.D.S. Mission Office
260 Maple Court Suite 120
Ventura, California 93003
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment