Holla familia! Como estan?
I LOVED the pics of Dallin and Cason and fam. They are already both soooo big! And I've only been gone for a couple of months. It is crazy! I will be calling on Monday but it's not as early as I thought. We leave the MTC @ 8 so you can expect my call sometime between 9:30am-11:30am. Our flight leaves around then and we fly into Santa Barbara! Sorry I can't be more specific but I really don't know what time works best. Monday's my Pday (rest day) in the field so after I call on Monday you won't hear from me until the following Monday.
So my last week at the MTC! Woohoo! I've had a good time here but I'm definitely ready to leave! I'm so excited for the field but incredibly nervous as well! We were practicing contacting (in Spanish of course) the other day and I realized that next week I'll be doing it for real with real people! AHHHH!!!! Yeah that's a scary thought. I wish I was better at Spanish, but I have faith and I'm really working on my patience. I'm super excited that it's General Conference this weekend! What a great way to spend the last weekend here! We all gather in the Gym to watch all sessions. Saturday I'll be packing and doing laundry in between sessions and studying- the usual :)
We got new Hermanas in the zone! Three of them! I'm so sad cause we don't even really get to know them. I got to orient them last night and I'll be doing more of that tonight with them. They are really awesome and I know they'll keep the zone running well. Since it's my last week I decided to make a list of some of the things I'm gonna miss about the MTC and maybe a few things I won't :)
Things I will miss:
1. Jalapeno bagels- I eat one almost everyday for breakfast. Don't judge me they're delicious!
2. Having someone else do my dishes for me and clean the bathroom for me (I know, we're spoiled)
3. The beautiful view from the 5th floor in our building that I love to look at as we study in the lounge.
4. Having all the doors held open for me and getting treated like queens (the Hermanas really are rather spoiled)
5. Gym! Volleyball!
6. Duche in la Noche! (The party that Hermana Flower and I have when we take showers at night at the same time. I know it sounds kind of weird but it includes us singing at the top of our lungs and having conversations with other people in the showers next to us- good times).
8. The firesides and devotionals of course. They are so inspirational and I have loved everyone!
9. Our time share extra bunkbed in our dormitory (Sorry if that doesn't make sense)
10. The give away box on each floor of the Residence halls. Sisters put stuff in here when they're leaving. I have gotten a really cute bag from it, slippers, and a night time shirt. It's like a mini Savers but for free! Perfect for me right?
11. The temple. Enough said.
12. The biscuits and gravy we eat at the temple.
13. The progressive investigator we have been teaching. We love her even though she's a "fake" investigator
14. My teachers- Hermana Shiley is one of my close friends now and our new teacher Hermano Catt has forever changed my mission. They both inspire me and I love them a lot.
15. MY DISTRICT! I'm so sad to leave them, but we are all on to better things. I can't even wait until the after mission reunion! :) I know I know I won't think about it.
16. My zone- they're all so awesome! Oh trashketball.... Sometime I'll explain it
17. My Branch presidency and their wives. I love them all so much!
18. Of course my Hermanas, roommates and companion! What will I ever do without them?
19. Walks to the temple on Sundays.
20. The Sunday night movies they show.
And the list could go on and on.... I'll admit the MTC isn't my most favorite place, but I really believe that attitude is everything and I've made the most of the time I've had here. I've learned tons and I've grown tons! I can't wait to go out into the field and teach people about the Gospel of Jesus Christ! What could be better?!
I love you all and I'm excited to talk to you on the phone on Monday! Hacen Lo Justo!
Mucho Mucho Mucho Amor, Hermana Hatch
No comments:
Post a Comment