Familia,
Elder Bednar was WONDERFUL! I got to sit on the front row and was right in front of the pulpit. His testimony was so powerful and I know once again that he is an Apostle of the Lord. Through his testimony I also had my testimony strengthened that President Monson is called of God to be the Prophet at this time and that they are special representatives of our Savior. He spent three hours asking us questions about the talks he had us study in preparation and then answering questions. His main point was that we need to act and not be acted upon and that real teaching gets the investigators involved and active in their learning. There's s much more he said and I'll try to gather my thoughts this week and share next week more about what we learned. Somebody asked him what was one thing he has learned from being an Apostle that he didn't realize before. He told us that he knows now more fully than ever the individual love that our Heavenly Father has for each one of his children. I am starting to realize this as well. Nothing we do on our mission is an accident. The Lord guides those He calls. One example is that we went to an apartment looking for a former investigator who we found out had moved. However, the man that lived there listened to us and we set another cita (appointment) with him. When we came back he wasn't there, but his daughter answered the door and we found out that her and her brother were actually baptized when she was 11 and hadn't gone to church in years. I know the Lord led us to find her and she came to Stake conference yesterday and is coming back next week!
Elder Bednar was WONDERFUL! I got to sit on the front row and was right in front of the pulpit. His testimony was so powerful and I know once again that he is an Apostle of the Lord. Through his testimony I also had my testimony strengthened that President Monson is called of God to be the Prophet at this time and that they are special representatives of our Savior. He spent three hours asking us questions about the talks he had us study in preparation and then answering questions. His main point was that we need to act and not be acted upon and that real teaching gets the investigators involved and active in their learning. There's s much more he said and I'll try to gather my thoughts this week and share next week more about what we learned. Somebody asked him what was one thing he has learned from being an Apostle that he didn't realize before. He told us that he knows now more fully than ever the individual love that our Heavenly Father has for each one of his children. I am starting to realize this as well. Nothing we do on our mission is an accident. The Lord guides those He calls. One example is that we went to an apartment looking for a former investigator who we found out had moved. However, the man that lived there listened to us and we set another cita (appointment) with him. When we came back he wasn't there, but his daughter answered the door and we found out that her and her brother were actually baptized when she was 11 and hadn't gone to church in years. I know the Lord led us to find her and she came to Stake conference yesterday and is coming back next week!
Another example was one night we ate dinner with a family who told us they had a daughter who was not a member. The next day we went to go visit a recent investigator who wasn't home. Right at that moment a suburban drove up and we talked to the mom after she got out of the car. We shared a message with her and her husband and found out that this was that family's daughter! We're still teaching her and we're hoping to get her to come to church this week. Missionary work is so amazing and testifies to me over and over again that the Lord is mindful of each one of us and loves us very much.
One of our investigators has a baptism date! However, she needs a new job so she can go to church on Sundays. We are trying to help her find new job and develop her faith in our Savior and His ability to work miracles when we do our part. It's so hard though because the people we teach have to sacrifice so much. They have difficult lives and so many more complications before they can be baptized than I would've ever imagined. I love them all so much and all we can do sometimes is pray and then do what we can.
We get fed all the time and the food is delicious! My companion has the most bottomless stomach I have ever seen and she out eats me all the time! It's crazy! Real Hispanic food is muy rico!!!! I have not had tongue yet, but I hear it's delicious :) The other night this lady kept giving me more and more and I couldn't handle it I almost threw up. My companion told me next time to just say no. It's so hard to refuse cause they work so hard for us.
I've gotta go but I love you all sooooooo much and I think about you often. Don't worry about me (mom :) ) and stay close to the Lord!
Love,
Hermana Hatch
No comments:
Post a Comment