FAMILIA!!!!
How is everyone? Thanks Joy for the email, I'm glad you're doing better. Mom said Dallin was sick- sad day! Oh and happy anniversary joy and aaron! Yes mother I did receive your letter on saturday but I think that's because I picked it up from the mission office. BTW, Mothers day is SUNDAY! YAY! So I am going to be calling at 5:00 PM this sunday. We have been instructed by our mission president that the call can't be longer than 30-45 minutes so make sure that everyone is that wants to say hi on the phone is there by 5. Write down any questions you may have ahead of time and maybe even write out a script so you don't forgot things to say :)
To answer your questions mom, we can go to the temple twice a year- but it just depends if we get around to it. It takes up a good chunk of time since we'd go to the LA temple which is a little less than 2 hours away I believe. I'm thinking of trying to go around my birthday as a birthday gift to myself :) I sleep great! The work isn't really physically strenuous for the most part- just waking up at 6:30 is a challenge. But we do it. AND we go jogging most mornings. Isn't that ridiculous? The Lord definitely must be helping me out because no way could I wake up everyday on my own. My friends Kaila and Stephanie have written me- both snowflake peeps. I am really lucky to get letters from my friends! Thanks to everyone because it's always really awesome to have a letter at the end of a long day! Yes Bin wait for me to get home for Hawaii and Dad please don't show up in Ventura :)
Thanks for the letters mom. I love hearing from you and getting the updates. You are an awesome missionary mom!
Well, being a missionary is pretty much the best thing in the world. I really am as happy as I sound- I'm not just trying to be positive. There are definitely hard times, and frustrating times, and sad times, and tiring times, but overall how can I not be happy? For the first time in my life I know that I am doing everything I can to follow the Lord, and that brings me with such an inner peace and joy that I can't express. I've always wanted to do some sort of Humanitarian aid because I always feel so helpless with all the bad things that happen in this world, and I just want to fix them all. For the first time in my life, I actually feel like I'm doing something- I know that I am doing everything I can to make the world a better place. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the only way to bring peace and joy to every nation and people in this world and I am doing my best to share it with all of God's children. The Gospel is the answer and I love that I have been given this opportunity to teach people about our Savior and how the Gospel has been restored to the earth once again! I feel so lucky to be on a mission I can't believe that I ever considered it a sacrifice. It is such a blessing and I want to make the most of every day because I know that this time will go by so fast. There is no greater peace than following the Savior and knowing that you are right with God and that He is happy with your efforts. There is no greater happiness than living the Gospel of Jesus Christ. This is His church and I know that with all of my heart!
Well, quick story time:
We have a recent convert that we visit once a week that talks crazy fast- ok just about as fast as everyone else, which is super fast!- anyways this week, for the first time, I actually understood most of what he said!!! I know I know that sounds so little, but I was pretty excited. I still sometimes don't understand anything, but it's coming.
Thursday I had my first split! I went with the ward mission leader's daughter who's about a year younger than me and preparing for a mission. She's awesome and hilarious! Well, I basically had to teach the first lesson as the senior comp. It was ridiculous!!! :) Nah, it wasn't that bad and the most important thing was that they felt the Spirit. However, their kids were running around banging things on glass and they had a daughter who asked us questions about the end of the world, why John the Baptist was beheaded, etc. etc. Suffice it to say,my companion had to translate A LOT because no way I understood or could answer any of that in Spanish, let alone in English. We tried to keep it moving and focused, but it was pretty difficult. Oh well, we did the best we could, and I have faith the Lord will make up the difference.
We walked by a lady pulling weeds and asked if we could help. She jokingly said yes and we (in our nylons and skirts) got down and helped her. She told us that we could come by again and she would gladly listen to our message with her family. She was really sweet and I'm excited to go back and teach her.
We taught relief society on Sunday about visiting teaching and I was trying to say we are fighting a war today but instead of "guerra" I said the wrong word for war and ended up saying "guera" which basically means I said we are fighting a white girl today. Go ahead and laugh, it's hilarious. I laughed too. Oh the joys of Spanish.
Anyways, I've gotta go, love you all tons!!! Be good and read your scriptures and pray! Especially you Lindsey Hatch! (There, I said your name so you will read my email :) )
Con mucho amor,
Hermana Hatch
No comments:
Post a Comment