Hello Family!
Hmmm, I don't really know what to share this week. Yesterday we drove all the way to Ojai for their Sacrament meeting because Catia committed to coming, but unfortunately we were stood up. I'm pretty sure that getting stood up by your investigators at church is a billion times worse than getting stood up for a date. Ok, maybe that's a bit dramatic- but it feels pretty crummy. We went to her house afterwards and they drove up while we were knocking. They had gone grocery shopping after her husband's soccer game- AND we had just taught her about keeping the Sabbath Day holy. Yeah that one went straight to the heart. Don't worry, it's not over yet! We just need to come up with some new plans to help her and pray a lot :) I know that the Lord can work miracles and help her to prepare for her baptism.
Did I ever mention about Cristina? She's the daughter of a member that never got baptized and we accidently found while looking for a past investigator. Well, it wasn't really an accident because the Lord's hand directs our lives each day. Her and her husband are both doing great and she's been coming to church every week. We're really hoping that her husband can change his schedule so he can come to church. We're going to set them with baptismal dates this week and I'm so excited! They are so awesome! I love them a lot.
I think the biggest problem we run into is that most of the people we talk to are Catholics that are only Catholic because that's what their families have been for years. They don't really attend church often and they don't really even know what their church believes. So when we tell them we have a prophet on earth today and the Authority of God to perform important ordinances, they just keep nodding their heads and agree with us like it's common knowledge. Most of them, including some members think that our church is basically the same as the Catholic church- even though we teach about how there was a great apostasy after the death of Christ and His Apostles. It's very frustrating. However, we get through it and it motivates us to be better teachers and readjust how we approach and contact people in the street. It's a good thing that it is the Spirit that converts people and touches their hearts, not us and what we say.
I am so grateful for the knowledge that we have of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and that we have Prophets and Apostles living today, guiding the church. We are so blessed and fortunate to have this knowledge. Don't take it for granted. Study the conference talks, read the Book of Mormon and be active members of the Lord's church. Sometimes we say that it's not easy to be a disciple of Christ, but I think that it is much more easy than living without Him and without these truths. There is peace and joy to be found in the Gospel. Don't ask what the church can do for you- but ask what you can do to serve the Lord and His children. That is how Christ taught us to live.
Love you all sooooooooooooooooooooooo much!
Have a great week!
-Hermana Hatch
No comments:
Post a Comment