"And they were all young men (and young women), and they were exceedingly valiant for courage, and also for strength and activity; but behold, this was not all- they were men (and women) who were true at all times in whatsoever thing they were entrusted."
-Alma 53:20, California Ventura Mission Theme

SEND LETTERS TO...

Hermana Allesha R. Hatch
L.D.S. Mission Office
260 Maple Court Suite 120
Ventura, California 93003

Friday, August 20, 2010

Sorry I forgot to tell you our Pday changed (June 1, 2010)

Momma! I'm glad you got to help with a zone conference lunch.  We always sing called to serve for the women who serve us and Sister Benson actually asked me to come up with a neat arrangement of it to teach to the mission.  Awesome huh?!  We always listen to them tell us about their missionaries and it was fun to think of you getting to share about your missionary :)

We had Zone conference yesterday, which is why I couldn't email.  It was really wonderful and we learned a lot about studying and changing how we teach.  The church is really focussing on changing the way missionaries teach and helping us to ask better questions and truly help our investigators become active participants in their conversion.  I'm learning a lot that I know will help me with my occupation after the mission- and also help me to be a better mother.  I know that the things that I learn here will bless me forever, and I've come to have a great testimony of Preach my Gospel.  It's not just something for missionaries, but contains so much insight and wisdom and teaches us how we can be truly converted, active participants in the Gospel.  It is something I am going to study throughout my life and with my family.  It really is scripture for our day.  We also sang "O Elderes de Israel" in a quartet with Elder Bills and Larson.  It went really well and it was great to do something music related.
Hermana Hanson has her flight plans- she leaves June 18th.  This means that I will have one of two options happen.  Option 1- I get a mini missionary as my companion- like someone preparing for a mission or a RM that lives here.  However, this will mean that I become the Senior companion for a couple of weeks.  Yup, a senior comp at the end of my second transfer.  Needless to say, I'm still not sure how I feel about this and it makes my stomach turn in knots when I think about it.  The Spanish is coming along, but I still have a long ways to go.  I need to have more faith that the Lord will help me and if it is His will, all will be alright.  The second option sometimes sounds worse though- being emergency transferred to become a trio in some other area and having to leave all of my investigators and the branch here (and the area would be combined with some other area).  So, we are hoping and praying they can find a mini missionary, and enough missionaries to keep the are open as it is.  Your prayers would definitely be appreciated with this.
On a happier note, mom and dad, I think I like fish now.  Everytime we've eaten it I've actually enjoyed it AND I have grown to LOVE avocados and guacamole.  We get tons of avocados from investigators and members.  It's great!
The work here is going great!  After a bit of a lull, we have found 14 new investigators in the last week and a half!  They are awesome and I love teaching!
We have a baptism of a nine year old of a less active on Saturday.  Exciting, huh?!
Well, gotta go!  Have a great week and I love you all very much and miss you.  Be good!  And help mom out :)
Love,
Hermana Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment