Hola Familia! HAPPY FATHER'S DAY PAPA! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY this week MAMA!
Just another week in the life of a sister missionary. As you know from your surprise call from Hermana Hanson- I have a new companion from Sonora Mexico! Her name is Hermana Calamaco and she is hilarious and about 5 feet tall (as are a lot of the people we teach). Well, perhaps I should begin with earlier this week. On Wednesday our investigator with a Fecha Bautismal- Katia- surprised us by telling us that she didn't want to continue talking with us because she'd been listening to the Jehovah's Witnesses and bascially liked what they said better. Talk about out of the blue. I almost cried. But we resolved a lot of her doubts and bore testimony of the Book of Mormon and she said she'd pray about it and we'd come back. We went back Sat and she's still not sure so we are just going to move forward with teaching her and pray dilligently for her to receive the answer she desires. So THAT was kind of emotional. Then, the next day we went to the mission home for our transfers/new companions. I was fortunate enough to get to go to the temple with Hermana Hanson, Hermana Calamaco, and President and Sister Murri. It was just what I needed and was so peaceful and wonderful. The LA temple is beautiful! The best part that was because of the life we live here and the Spirit that we have with us all the time, I didn't feel much of a difference when we were inside the temple. It was really incredible to realize and appreciate the companionship of the Spirit that we have on a daily basis. My goal is to always life my life so that when I enter the temple that feeling is so familiar to me- despite the chaos of the world. By the time we got back we were late for the Book of Mormon class we teach on thursdays so all I got was a quick hug from Hermana Hanson and Hermana Calamaco and I were off. It was difficult having such a short goodbye but asi es la vida de las misioneras. I do miss her a lot, but my new companion is really great too. It was hard the first couple of days, but we're settling into things and I already love her. It's difficult with her not knowing the area and me trying to find our way around still being pretty new in the mission. BUT the Lord has helped us a lot. Another good thing is that because she doesn't have a license I get to drive! WOOHOO! I love driving again. She's definitely whipping my Spanish into shape and she's a great missionary.
Suffice it to say it has been a very emotional week with lots of ups and downs, but I think we're finally settling back down. Some missionaries from my zone played volleyball this morning! It was awesome!!!! I was so happy to get to play :)
Pray, read your scriptures, and do your visiting and home teaching! I've come to truly appreciate those callings since I've been on a mission. They are sooo important! Remember to trust in the Lord and strengthen your faith in Him and He will guide you and give you the help and strength you need. Lots of Love,
Hermana Hatch
No comments:
Post a Comment