"And they were all young men (and young women), and they were exceedingly valiant for courage, and also for strength and activity; but behold, this was not all- they were men (and women) who were true at all times in whatsoever thing they were entrusted."
-Alma 53:20, California Ventura Mission Theme

SEND LETTERS TO...

Hermana Allesha R. Hatch
L.D.S. Mission Office
260 Maple Court Suite 120
Ventura, California 93003

Friday, August 20, 2010

Howdy y'all (August 9, 2010)

Well, it's been another miraculous week here in Oxnard, CA.  And for reals this time, Ivy is getting baptized this Friday!!!! WOOHOO!!!!  
 
Well, we gave out 12 BoMs this week.  People here are just asking for them!  No, really, we've had multiple people ask us for one before we even offer it.  It's awesome!  The area split has actually been a really huge blessing because we've had time to really work in the areas that we still have and find some great people!  We meet some pretty interesting people in the streets.  Someone told me last night that my Spanish was perfect!  (I had only said a couple lines though so he didn't get to hear the real struggles- ha!)  Evidently in Guadalajara (sp?) there are white, tall women that look English and so I think I'll start telling people that's where I'm from.  It'd probably be a lot more popular than Arizona :)
 
Last night when we were walking to an appointment we talked to this teenage girl in the streets and asked her if she had heard about the BoM.  She told us her friend actually gave her one a few weeks ago.  We found out that this girl we had randomly met in the street was actually a referral given to us by a young man in our ward a week ago that he was gonna set up an appointment with!  We were so excited to meet her and she told us she's coming to Ivy's baptism and that she'll set up a time with her friend to have us teach her at his house (her parents aren't too keen on our religion).  We also "randomly" ran into an investigator that had accidentally given us the wrong address (I know what you're thinking and it WAS an accident :) ).  We were so excited to find him and had an awesome lesson the next day with him!  The Lord definitely guides our footsteps everyday.
 
Lolita came to church, but we found out she's leaving the first week of september to go back to Mexico so she won't be able to be baptized here.  We're going to get missionaries in Mexico to finish teaching her though and help her prepare to be baptized there.
 
Oh, I guess I should let you know today's transfer Monday, but I'm staying here with Hermana Frost for the next 6 weeks.  YAY!  We're excited!
 
I'm out of time, but I love you all soooooooooo much and I hope that you're all doing fantastic!  Be good and remember to read the Book of Mormon everyday!  It can truly bless and change your life. 
 
con muchissimo amor,
Hermana Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment