"And they were all young men (and young women), and they were exceedingly valiant for courage, and also for strength and activity; but behold, this was not all- they were men (and women) who were true at all times in whatsoever thing they were entrusted."
-Alma 53:20, California Ventura Mission Theme

SEND LETTERS TO...

Hermana Allesha R. Hatch
L.D.S. Mission Office
260 Maple Court Suite 120
Ventura, California 93003

Friday, August 20, 2010

Yay you're alive! (July 13, 2010)

Yes Momma I was getting a little worried, but figured it was probably the week of your second surgery.  How do you feel?  I pray for you every night, and the rest of the family too.  I had a neat experience this week that really made me think of you.  We were in a little area just north of camarillo called Somis.  Our appointment was busy and said to come back in a little so we decided to knock some doors.  We got to this cute little house and knocked and much to our surprise a little woman about your age answered the door with a big grin and immediately told us to come in.  We usually don't get this kind of reaction so we figured she was a member in the English ward.  We went in and sat down and she told us she had just had knee replacement surgery on both of her knees and was at home not working because she was recovering.  I told her my mom just had the same thing done!  She told us about her life and she reminded me of you because she said how much she hated not being able to do anything and how she's so used to going all the time.  She was so sweet and we shared a scripture and a testimony.  I told her the Lord had definitely led us there and she said she knew that He had because she had been feeling down.  The Lord guides our footsteps and I know that He was allowing me to help someone who was going through the same challenges as you, since I can't be at home helping and serving you.  I knew it wasn't a coincidence I was sent to that house.
 
Today's the first sunny day in a while and it's so nice outside.  Time to break out the shorts- haha.  We had zone conference yesterday, which is why I didn't get to email yesterday.  It was really great and we had to guests from the MTC teach us.  They were really great and I learned a lot.  Each time our President speaks to us, a gain a greater appreciation for him and the wonderful man that he is.  Both of the MTC representatives told us how lucky we were to have him and that he's a true example of Christlike attributes.  Elder Bednar said a similar thing when he was here as well.  I feel really lucky to be guided by such an inspired, humble servant of the Lord- not to mention he's quite funny as well.
 
Ivy's still doing really great and is soooo excited for her baptism on July 31st!  She loved church and was able to come to FHE last night!  Her dad is still not really supportive, but I know in time he'll come around.  We have another investigator, Yolanda, that also said yes to baptism this week!  The only question is when.  She's really nervous about setting a date but we gave her one in August to pray about and we're pretty sure she'll have one by the end of this week.  Her husbands been a member for a year and they have two qute little boys and I just love them all so much.  There's no greater feeling than having an investigator that you love a care about tell you that they know that the church is true, the Book of Mormon is the word of God, and the Joseph Smith was a Prophet.  Being able to be a part of that process of obtaining a testimony and watching their faith grow is amazing!
I'm out of time but I want you all to know how much I love you all and pray for you all.  The Lord is looking out for all of you and He loves you so much.  It's so important to put Him first in our lives.  I know that as we do, we can have more joy and peace then we ever thought possible.  Have a great week!
 
-Hermana Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment