"And they were all young men (and young women), and they were exceedingly valiant for courage, and also for strength and activity; but behold, this was not all- they were men (and women) who were true at all times in whatsoever thing they were entrusted."
-Alma 53:20, California Ventura Mission Theme

SEND LETTERS TO...

Hermana Allesha R. Hatch
L.D.S. Mission Office
260 Maple Court Suite 120
Ventura, California 93003

Friday, August 20, 2010

Hey y'all (July 19, 2010)

Well, it's been an amazing week.  The last few weeks have been pretty tough and the work was slow, but we're learning patience and dilligence- and the Lord always blesses us when we keep working hard.  This past week we found this really great family in Camarillo we're going to be teaching.  They are so prepared and I love them already.  And then Saturday we were fasting for Ivy and we saw other miracles happen in our work.  We were walking and knocking a lot and found really awesome people who are all looking for answers!  In the morning I had an English BoM in my backpack for a little girl in an appointment that fell through.  I kept wanting to take it out all day, but each time I was going to I felt impressed to leave it in.  We met a few people during the day and as it got later I was starting to wonder why I had had that feeling.  At 6 an appt with Ivy fell through which hardly happens and we stopped by the house of a man we talked to a few weeks ago.  When he came to the door he asked us why hadn't we called and what took us so long.  We were speechless, but quickly shared the intro lesson about the BoM with him.  He accepted it all and I instantly knew the BoM I had was meant for him.  He's bilingual but reads better in English.  At the end we asked him when he knew what we said was true, would he be baptized by somebody holding the Priesthood authority of God and he said yes.  He's so humble and I'm looking forward to talking more with him.  Then we went to this other house of somebody we had talked to weeks ago and he also said "what took you so long?  It's been two weeks!"  Again, we were speechless at the hand of the Lord guiding our path.  He has TONS of questions and is a single parent, but we already met with him again and I'm so excited to help him find his answers to questions he's had for years.  
 
Later that day we met a woman randomly from the Phillipines (sp?) who has sooo much faith and has gone through so many trials.  She was awesome and said that they came here for health care three years ago.  But when she was in the Philipines two elders were teaching her but she lost track of them and left her BoM in the Philipines.  We told her we'd send more elders over with another BoM in tagalog.  It's just amazing how the Lord leads us to His children, even across the world.  It made me think of Aaron since that's where he served.  You never know who's lives you touched who will run into some missionaries years later and they'll remember what you taught them.
 
Ivy still hasn't told her parents, but she's still praying and also fasted and felt peace.  We had a great lesson with her about the temple last night and she's shared with us how excited she is to spend the rest of her life in the church, get married in the temple, and raise her family in the Gospel.  She's amazing and I feel that it was worth it to come on a mission just to meet her and help her find the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
 
The ward is so great here and they help us out a ton.  They love the missionaries so much and have so much respect for us because most- if not all of them- were converts to the church because of some missionaries at some time.  They are such wonderful people, and they are great examples to me of faith and dilligence.  
 
I'm looking forward to your mail this week :)  I know my birthday will be great and I hope that you all have a great week too.  I love you all and miss you!
 
Con mucho amor,
Hermana Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment