"And they were all young men (and young women), and they were exceedingly valiant for courage, and also for strength and activity; but behold, this was not all- they were men (and women) who were true at all times in whatsoever thing they were entrusted."
-Alma 53:20, California Ventura Mission Theme

SEND LETTERS TO...

Hermana Allesha R. Hatch
L.D.S. Mission Office
260 Maple Court Suite 120
Ventura, California 93003

Friday, August 20, 2010

!Buenos Dias! (August 16, 2010)

Ivy was baptized! She's so awesome and you would all love her so much.  I'm excited for you all to meet her someday.  Her baptism was beautiful and spiritual and just amazing!  I'm gonna print out pictures today and send them.  When she got out of the font I wrapped her in a towel and hugged her. We both were crying and just hugging and she just kept telling us thank you.  It was a moment I will never forget.  She's got a hard road ahead of her, but I know she'll stay strong.


Anna Campos is still not sure about her baptism date.  She wants her whole family to be a part of it and go down this path with her.  So we're trying to teach the whole family.  We had a really great lesson with her 19 year old son on sat and he said he'd take the lessons.  So we're basically teaching everyone now, but her husband.  I love their family so much!  They're so funny and crazy and I can't wait for the day when they all get baptized.  I know it'll happen one day!

I love you all very much and of course I miss you.  But the work is going well, and everyday I learn something new.  Everyday I feel more and more grateful for this opportunity and I am sooo glad that I came on a mission.  I really am so happy, despite the hard times, and I know it's going to shape the rest of my life.  Keep doing the little things, read the BoM, pray, and go to church and you will never stray from the path.  This truly is the Chruch of God on the earth and we are so lucky for the knowledge that we have that God still speaks to man today, and that we have a living prophet.  For pioneer day we went to an activity at the stake center wher they watched the broadcast on motab.  One of our investigators was with us, Anna, and when the prophet got up at the end to speak I excitedly turned to her and told her that the Prophet- God's prophet on the earth- was going to speak.  In that moment I realized how much we take that knowledge for granted and how marvelous and special it is to hear and read the words of the prophets.  We are so blessed.
 
Thank you for all of your love and support!
 
I love you sooooooooo much!
 
con mucho amor,
Hermana Hatch (the favorite ;) )

No comments:

Post a Comment