"And they were all young men (and young women), and they were exceedingly valiant for courage, and also for strength and activity; but behold, this was not all- they were men (and women) who were true at all times in whatsoever thing they were entrusted."
-Alma 53:20, California Ventura Mission Theme

SEND LETTERS TO...

Hermana Allesha R. Hatch
L.D.S. Mission Office
260 Maple Court Suite 120
Ventura, California 93003

Monday, September 13, 2010

Buenos dias (September 7, 2010)

You requested I tell y'all on some of my everyday things that I never mention.  It'll probably be boring but here goes.
 
My allergies are usually pretty good as long as I take an allergy pill.  Yes we go in houses with cats and dogs but I try to stay away from them and not touch.  It works out fine.
 
I go to the chiropractor every monday still and it's glorious!  We DO have a fabulous dinner with members every sunday and yes we eat a lot of rice and beans.  Don't worry, we get some veggies in too.
 
We live in the same apartment complex as the other two hermanas in our ward.  It's a blast!  We have a really nice apartment and everything is great and pretty new!  We're pretty lucky.
 
Every morning I wake up between 6:10-6:30 AM.  We trade off every other day between running, or doing "Dancing w/Doxy".  D w/D is an aerobic workout in which one of the other hermanas who was a dancer basically leads us in a tae-bo sort of workout in the grass in the middle of our apartment complex.  You can just imagine what that looks like.  It's quite funny cause we've actually become quite famous for it and when we see all our neighbors later in the day they always say "hey you guys are the girls that dance in the mornings!"  We're thinking of handing around fliers to the neighbors and starting and ending with a prayer.
Between 7-8 we get ready and eat breakfast.  Most mornings I eat the generic brand of mini-wheats with a cut up banana.  It's delicious!  Yup, I'm one of those people that actually likes to eat the same thing everyday.  We have personal study from 8-9, companion study from 9-10 and language study from 10-11.  Then we leave the apartment and either go to appointments, or knock doors.  Sometimes we get fed by members, sometimes we take a sandwich.  We get home between 9-9:30pm, plan for the next day until 9:30 or 10, do a little before bed reading and then go to sleep.  Exciting huh?  It actually really is.  I never get bored and every day is different and a new adventure.  And as we all know, I'm pretty good at entertaining myself.
 
Did I ever mention that the church came out with a new policy about a month ago that we don't have to wear nylons anymore!!!!  Sorry, radom thought- but it was pretty monumetal.
 
Well, the work keeps moving on.  We had an AWESOME fhe last night in camarillo about baptism and 3 of our investigators were there.  The Spirit was so strong and guided the whole thing, and new converts bore strong testimonies.  It was so perfect and exactly what we've been praying for.  
 
The temple was beautiful and spiritual and I'm so glad that we got to go.  We get to go twice a year, and since that was my second time I can't go again until January.  It's ok though.  We got to go in the new visitors center too and it's gorgeous!  Some young adults from the ward met us there- including Ivy!!!  It was so awesome to be at the temple with her.  Not many people get that opportunity on their mission- to be at the temple in the visitors center with their new convert.  She loved it and told us she wants to go on a mission!!!  She's got a couple of years but she's gonna start saving and preparing now.  Isn't that awesome?
 
Ok, well I think this whole email is kind of scattered and I'm sorry if parts don't make sense.  I love you all sooooo much and of course I miss you.  Be good people and keep being the amazing member missinoaries you are!
 
Love,
Hermana Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment