Holla familia,
Espero que todo esten bien! Les amo muchissimo!
Ok, so I don't have tons of time to write today because our Pday is short. All the missionaries in the ward I serve in (there are 6 of us) are going to the temple this week and when we go we have to take the extra time from our pday. And next mon I might not be able to email since it's a holiday, but I can on tuesday.
It's been a dramatic week, with ups and downs, but we're hanging in there. Anna no longer has a baptism date since she just got a job that makes her work on sunday. We had a great lesson about priorities so hopefully she makes some changes and follows through with some goals she set so she can go to church again. Lolita finally called us back and came to church yesterday, but is going to mexico in the next couple of weeks. Our investigator Rosa is soooo awesome and prays and reads and is learning so fast. We taught about keeping the sabath day holy and she said she's going to pray for the courage to ask her boss for sundays off. She's been working for him the last three years without a single day off. Yeah, it's crazy. We keep praying for her. We also taught Juana the word of wisdom this week and she right away said she'd give up everything. It's funny cause I tried to ask her how often she drinks coffee and such so we could set goals, and she just said that now that she knows it's a commandment she won't have any problem and can just give everything up cold turkey. Pretty amazing huh?! She only needs to get sundays off so she can go to church (yup, another one of those).
So last week we found and taught this 23 year old young man that said he wanted to be a prophet, and accepted a baptism date the second lesson. He was awesome, but this week he found out he has to go to mexico for family problems. He doesn't know his address there and doesn't know when he'll be back. We found him on Sat and he told us he really didn't want to go and he'd think about it, but then he didn't show up to church. We're gonna try and find him today, but we're pretty sure he went to Mexico today.
So that was a longer email than I planned but they're also so awesome and interesting and I want to share it all with you. I love you all and I hope that you have a great week. Be good people and keep us in your prayers! :)
Love, Hermana Hatch
No comments:
Post a Comment