"And they were all young men (and young women), and they were exceedingly valiant for courage, and also for strength and activity; but behold, this was not all- they were men (and women) who were true at all times in whatsoever thing they were entrusted."
-Alma 53:20, California Ventura Mission Theme

SEND LETTERS TO...

Hermana Allesha R. Hatch
L.D.S. Mission Office
260 Maple Court Suite 120
Ventura, California 93003

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Buenas Tardes! (June 21, 2011)

Hey family!
 
Thanks so much for all of your love and support- especially with all the craziness with my applications, interviews, and business of coming home.  You guys really are the best and I love you so much!  Thanks for the idea about piano lessons heather.  I will definitely think about it and consider it.  It could be a really great way to make some extra income.  I can't believe that you're really moving! :(  So sad!  But I'll definitely be coming to visit!  AnD Joy, I'm actually way excited to have people at home.  That'll be really fun and I'm excited to get to spend time with Dallin!  I am pretty excited to see both my little nephews that aren't as little anymore!  
 
So I'll be giving my homecoming talk the Sunday I come home?  Craziness!  That's fine if it works out since Josh leaves the next monday- more craziness!  I'm not exactly sure how it works but are you supposed to set up the appointment with the Stake President Wed for when I come home to be released or do they contact you?  I got my flight plans this week so I'm assuming you did as well.  I just still can't believe it.  Do you think you could schedule some doctor's appointments for me?  Doctor (I evidently need to get a TB test again), Dentist, and eye doctor?  The best days would be tues or wed of the week after I get home or if you can't then the week after that.  I'm thinking of maybe coming back the weekend after I get home if that's when Dario's going through the temple- if I can of course.  Maybe as a birthday present? :)  We're still not sure when he's going through so it's all still up in the air.
 
Yeah so I guess the interview went ok.  They told me you were in the other room mom- so crazy!  I didn't know you could hear me.  Dr. Spencer said it was good but I think it was so-so.  I've been away along time and I had a hard time verbally expressing what I was thinking.  But, I guess it was good enough cause we're moving forward.  It was a very stressful PDay- to say the least.  But I'm glad it's over and everything worked out.  I also had to spend some time practicing the cello- yup you heard right.  I found out this last week that the Bishop's son has a cello checked out from school for the summer.  Forunately I randomly brought some music with me (just in case :) )and also fortunately there's an Elder in my ward that plays the piano really well.  So we are playing a special musical number this week at President Murri's farewell devotional with our Zone and in church next week.  It's nice to play and I'm excited I get to use this talent at least once!  
 
The work is still going well and we are working hard.  Rodrigo is slowly progressing although he didn't make it to church this week :(  The family didn't either- they had visitors.  They also weren't there for there lesson yesterday which never happens- bad sign.  I'm a little nervous but I bet it's nothing and we'll find them again soon.  We had a great spur of the moment lesson last night for FHE.  The hermano that was supposed to give it said he couldn't come at the last minute.  So, Dario put in one of the D&C church movies- the "Only a Stonecutter" and it ended up being exactly what everyone needed.  I don't know if you've seen it- but it's very inspirational and every felt chastened a little for the little things they complain about- like driving to church 30 min away.  This man gave a lot and walked for like 8 hours to fulfill his calling as a stone cutter- even after he lost a leg.  I was moved by it as well and feel a greater desire to live in such a way that one day when we are in heaven I can feel proud standing side by side with this faithful brother- and others like him- and not feel ashamed at the little excuses or complaints I gave when asked to serve or live a commandment.  I love this Gospel and I love my Savior and I am determined to serve Him my whole life. 
I love you all!  Keep the letters coming ;)  
 
-Hermana Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment