"And they were all young men (and young women), and they were exceedingly valiant for courage, and also for strength and activity; but behold, this was not all- they were men (and women) who were true at all times in whatsoever thing they were entrusted."
-Alma 53:20, California Ventura Mission Theme

SEND LETTERS TO...

Hermana Allesha R. Hatch
L.D.S. Mission Office
260 Maple Court Suite 120
Ventura, California 93003

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Hace mucho calor! (June 14, 2011)

So it's heatin up here.  It's actually been pretty nice so far and everyone keeps saying how surprised they are how long the cool stayed.  I just tell them it's cause I'm here and I've been praying and I'm pretty sure my mom has been too. :)  But alas it was bound to come and it's good cause it means more work for the field workers.  Today it hit 100.  We taught a lesson outside.  Enough said.
haha I'm just kidding, it's really not that bad.  We're tough.  Well, we've had an awesome week!  That intense story I have just may have to wait cause I don't know how much time I have.  I'll tell you when I get home. :)
 
I don't know if I mentioned them, but we are teaching a family.  The mom is from Honduras and the dad is from Guatemala and the kids are American.  We knocked into them.  It's actually a funny story.  We were knocking this street cause we knew there were elect on it and it was actually time to go somewhere else, but me in my OCDness saw the two doors left on the block and said.  Let's just finish these last two.  Well, she let us right in- which she told us later she never does.  I guess that day she was actually really wanting someone to teach them.  Anyways, the dad doesn't really listen- except last week he watched the restoration movie with us and yesterday knelt down to pray with us.  He's really nice.  The mom is so sweet and makes us food EVERYTIME we visit them.  So delicious!  She's taught us a couple things too.  They have 5 kids- one is moved out of the house and then there is a 15, 14, and 11 and a little 1 year old.  They are so great and the teenagers read the Book of Mormon and Jose (14) prayed about Jose Smith and bleieves that it's true!!!! He's so sweet!  This last week they totally came to church!!!!!!!! (pues the mom and kids).  It was so awesome!  They had to get gas and wanted us to go on without them (they were gonna follow us there) but I was determined that they were gonna make it to church.  So we stayed with them.  it took 3 gas stations cause one was out of gas (what the heck right?) and one didn't have power.  Satan was sure working on them.  Well, finally success and they loved church!  The kids are planning to go to mutual tomorrow night and we have a Father's day activity fri night the mom is gonna make rice for.  I love them so much!!!  So happy!
 
We are also teaching a friend of Anastacio (recent convert).  He wanted piano lessons so I told him I'd give them to hiim for free and then after I asked if we could teach him about the book of Mormon.,  He comes to FHE in Arvin and yesterday he accepted a baptism date!  He's so awesome!  And on Sunday Anastacio and ramon (two of my converts) wore white shirts and ties and passed the sacrament!  Woohoo!  It was such a great week!  
 
Well, things are going great.  I've been thinking about the job and it still feels good, but I am scared because if I had my own program there wouldn't be as much pressure with someone watching over your shoulder.  I could do things my own way and not have to cater to someone else's teaching philosophy.  I feel like the assistant position would be kind of like a whole nother year of student teaching.  Ijole.  That was tough.  But then again, beggars can't be choosers and I'm not so prideful to think that I couldn't use more assistant experience, learning from an established teacher.  I guess it would be kind of like having my own mentor teacher built in. :)  Well, I need to call President and get permission to give out my number.  I'm pretty sure he'll give me permission to email it to you tomorrow or get it to you through the office staff or something.  So for today, there's not much I can do.  I'm gonna pray A LOT today and communicate with you tomorrow through email or the office.  plus I will send an email to Dr. Spencer (through you) for whatever I decide.  I'm leaning towards taking it seeing as it would be a great learning experience and I would love to have some sort of work in the field that I love and studied.  
 
Love you all,  talk to you soon,
Hermana Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment