"And they were all young men (and young women), and they were exceedingly valiant for courage, and also for strength and activity; but behold, this was not all- they were men (and women) who were true at all times in whatsoever thing they were entrusted."
-Alma 53:20, California Ventura Mission Theme

SEND LETTERS TO...

Hermana Allesha R. Hatch
L.D.S. Mission Office
260 Maple Court Suite 120
Ventura, California 93003

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Feliz dia de la madre (May 11, 2011)

I actually found out this week that Mothers Day in Mexico is actually on May 10th, so yesterday everyone was celebrating.  Interesting huh?  Well it was awesome to get to talk to you all!!!  I loved it and I'm glad that you're all hanging in there- even with your crazy lives.  Thanks for making the effort to be there so I could talk to you all.  It meant a lot to me.  Keep me posted on your lives and what's going on with each of you.  I love to hear from you in emails, letters, or even random packages ;) (hint hint..) Thanks for sharing about Sister Mooney with me mom.  It does bring me comfort that it really all will work out.  I will get sent to you my application when I can but we had a really stressful, crazy Pday- let's just say I had about 15 minutes to sit down.  My poor greenie...
Yes you can sell the rug and the mirror- maybe not the toaster.  I may need such things in the near future.

Ok, well we had Zone Conference yesterday and that was pretty fun.  I got to see Hermana Doxey which was awesome!  I really do love that girl and miss her.  She's white wash training right now so I can't even imagine what she's going through.  We learned a lot and I'm trying to already apply the things they taught us.  There was a part when Pres was talking about the new mission President and it was so sad cause I knew I wouldn't ever really get to know him.  He seems like a really great man and has 4 kids, 3 of which are going to be living with them here in the mission cause they're still young.  Crazy!  I can't even imagine what it would be like to be a mission president.
So we have this investigator named Jesse.  He is 18 or 19 years old and we found him adn his mom knocking.  His mom listens to the lessons too but she's basically told us she's not really planning on changing religions any time soon.  She doesn't want to cause problems with her husband.  Anyways, she was the one who had let us in (very happily by the way- which is not normal) and then proceeded to invite her son in to listen.  Jesse has had a rough life and has been in a dark place for a long time, but we had an awesome first lesson and since then things have just gotten better and better.  He's changed so much.  Well, the whole 2 months we've been teaching him he always told us he wouldn't come to church because he doesn't like to be around people and he's had some bad experiences.  But this last wed when we went by he told us he had an answer and that he was ready to go to church.  I can't tell you how exciting that was!  We were so nervous the rest of the week that he would back out but when Sunday came and we knocked on the door he answered- all ready to go!  he followed us in his car to the church and sat through all of sacrament meeting!!!  He said it was a good experience, but he's kind of hard to read so I'm really excited to go visit him today and see how he liked it.  I love him and his mom and they are wonderful people.  I'm so excited for him and just pray that he recieves more answers and one day soon enters the waters of baptism.
We've also been praying to find a family to teach because we've been teaching a lot of single men (funny, I know).  And this last week we found 2!!!  Hopefully they progress.  We have also been praying a lot about Rafael and we were so lost and had no idea what else to do.  But Monday morning while I was studying an answer came to my mind and now we have some direction and we'll push forward.  I am so grateful for the Spirit and the ability we all have to recieve revelation.  Sometimes the Lord has us wait a time before He gives us an answer, but that's only to increase our faith.  And I know that an answer does and always will come, and at the right timing.  The problem is that we want things in our timing and in our way, and we forget to trust in the Lord and haith faith and trust in Him and what He wants.  But like it says in the BD, the goal of praying is not to change the Lord's mind, but to change our will to fit His and recieve blessings He already has waiting and ready to give us if we ask.
Monday night we were trying to invite people to Noche de Hogar and none of our investigators could go.  Finally, like 2 minutes before it started we decided to go by the house of one more and invited Junaita and Mauricio.  Juanita is an older, funny lady and Mauricio rents from her and is a young man (brother of a former investigator).  Well, they both said they would come, we called and got a ride for them on the spot, and they both came and the lesson was awesome!!!  Alvaro (recent convert that got baptized April 6 and can't read very well) gave the lesson and he did awesome!  The Spirit was so strong and the members were so great and they both are planning on coming to church on Sunday and thanks to the members have rides set up and great fellowship.  AMAZING!  I love these people!
I hope that you are all doing well and I'll talk to you again next week.  Be good people and remember who you are!  I love you!
Con muchissimo amor, Hermana Hatch 

No comments:

Post a Comment