Don't feel too bad mom, I didn't remember either. I didn't even realize until Sunday afternoon that this next sunday is mothers day! What a great surprise! Hermana Randall is pretty excited too. Well, I know you said 6 but we kind of don't have too many options out in Arvin and Lamont so we are gonna stop by an English members house after our Sunday dinner and use their phones between 4:30-5:30. I'll try and call around 5 if I can or a little later, but we don't really have any other option. Sorry. I hope everyone can make it over in time to say hi and it's not gonna be too stressful for all of you. I really would love to talk to ALL of you so try and make it if you can por favor! If not, I understand. Once again president told us the 30-40 minute phone call rule so try and get to the house when you can :)
Yeah I did know that President is leaving at the end of June, first of July. We've all known for awhile. It makes me really sad that he won't be the President when I leave since he's been here my whole mission, but that's how it goes. He really is a great man and I've loved having him and his wife as our leaders.
Unfortunately, Rafael did not pass his baptismal interview. He still needs a little more time and needs to really gain a strong confirmation that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that we have a living prophet today. That was kind of hard, but we're working with him and I think we're making some progress. He's a little difficult and I'm pretty sure has some learning challenges, but I've come to love him and I hope with the Lord's help we can help him to be ready for baptism.
On sunday we taught a Jewish Hispanic woman that also believes in Jesus Christ. It was a pretty difficult and frustrating lesson but we made it through and the seed is planted. Her hearts not really open now. Then afterwards we went to meet with another man we had taught once before. The lesson before had consisted of mostly him talking and we really weren't sure if he was too interested so to be honest I didn't have too high of expectations. But I tried to stay positive (mostly for my greenie's sake) and we arrived and said a prayer before going in. The first part of the lesson was pretty bad. Something just wasn't right, I was getting frustrated, and I just felt so alone. It's so hard sometimes to be the main language speaker- especially because I really am quite shy and hate awkward situations. So I just kept praying for the Lord's help over and over again and finally near tears, just gave it all to Him and suddenly felt a renewal of faith and hope and strength. It's hard to explain but everything changed. I was no longer directing the lesson. Fernando, the investigator, started to really understand and get really interested in what we were saying and Hermana Randall pulled out some awesome Spanish and got involved as well. The Spirit was there teaching us all and even Feranando said that (he's a very spiritual man). The rest of the lesson went awesome and I'm excited to teach him again. it was once again another testimony to me that the Lord is the one doing all the work and that we need to forget our pride, and get out of the way of the Spirit, so that He is the senior companion. Again and again the Lord humbles me and I realize how weak and imperfect I am- but like mom said in her talk "willingness proceeds worthiness" and as I learned in an Ensign talk one day- the Lord can make straight lines with even the most crooked of sticks.
Ok, I love you all very much and mother thank you so much for your talk mom! It touched me a lot and lifted my Spirit and gave me strength, Thank you so much for everything. I love you so much and I'm so grateful for your faith and all the things you've taught me. Have a great week!
Love, Hermana Hatch
No comments:
Post a Comment