"And they were all young men (and young women), and they were exceedingly valiant for courage, and also for strength and activity; but behold, this was not all- they were men (and women) who were true at all times in whatsoever thing they were entrusted."
-Alma 53:20, California Ventura Mission Theme

SEND LETTERS TO...

Hermana Allesha R. Hatch
L.D.S. Mission Office
260 Maple Court Suite 120
Ventura, California 93003

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Por fin I can write you! (April 26, 2011)

Sorry about last week.  Yeah things were pretty crazy and when we went to the library all of the computers were full.  It's been such a crazy week and I am exhausted!  Yeah I feel so old.  Being a trainer is hard but way fun.  Hermana Randall is from Orem Utah and she's super sweet.  It feels like just yesterday I was in her shoes and I was struggling with Spanish.  It's crazy to think how fast time flies and how fast things change and we grow.  She gets better everyday and is not afraid to speak and try and is doing awesome!  She's also super positive and doesn't get frustrated or down on herself or anything.  Awesome huh!?  It makes things a lot easier.  It's a pretty big change for me because basically my whole mission I've been with companions that can speak spanish and so it's hard to be the main one speaking.  My mouth is really dry a lot :)  Plus you all know I'm a very independent person and having to coach someone else through everything everyday all day is also a change for me but is improving my patience and charity.  I already love her a lot and I'm so grateful for this opportunity.
The work keeps moving forward.  Not too much has happened since the last time we talked- or just TOO much has happened to talk about it all.  But we're still working hard and getting tanner haha.  I love the members here and they;ve all become like family.  Our investigator rafael should be getting baptized next saturday but it all ddepends on his interview.  He'll have it tomorrow night.  He kind of tried to back out of baptism on sunday so I'm a little nervous.  I don't know, we'll see what happens.  I got a phone call last night from President Murri asking me about a 104 minute long phone call on our phone.  That was fun... I think what happened was that it was in the month when we got our phone stolen so that probably was made by whoever had stolen it.  So yeah that's some of the exciting things happening in my life.  
 
Bin- you got on the Price is Right and WON A MUSTANG???!!!!! What the heck???!!!!  Oh my goodnees I am so happy for you/jealous/I think my birthday is coming up in July/I will need a car/ You love me a lot and haven't seen me for a year and a half...I'm just sayin...Pray about it.  I know that you'll do the right thing.
 
I'm still waiting for those pictures that supposedly are coming in the mail... And those papers from Melanie.... Ijo le people.  Don't get me all excited about mail and then deny me!  It's torture! 
Mom I'm so glad your talk went well, I'm excited to read it.  I'm sure the Spirit was there strongly and touched many people.  And that's so awesome you gave away 2 BofM this week!!  Way to go! 
BTW can you send me the last conference Ensign in Spanish and as soon as this one comes out can you send it too?  Thanks!
 
I'll keep working on the application and hopefully get it done soon.  My Pday is actually on Mondays but I will talk to pres and figre out what the best way would be to do a phone interview.  Thanks for everything!  You're the best!
 
I love you all and hope you had a great Easter!  Be good people, read the scriptures, pray and go to church EVERY sunday.  It's so important!  Ok, Love you all
Con mucho carino,
Hermana Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment