Wow family! Thanks for the emails! And thanks Joy for that dear elder letter this week! That was a very nice surprise! I was thinking, "who would write me on dear elder?" and it was my dear wonderful sister Joy! Thanks so much to all of you for all of your letters, pictures, and support. I can't tell you how much it means to me. It's always super exciting to hear from home.
Well, another great week in the great CVM (california ventura mission). I'm sorry to say that Veronica did not come to church and so is officially dropped. But I know she knows it's true and one day she will be baptized. However, Anastacio did come to church and is getting ready for his baptism next wednesday!!!! Woohoo! He even gave a ride to another investigator that we just set with a baptism date for April 23rd. So we don't have many members with cars that live in Arvin and Lamont. Suffice it to say that Sunday mornings have become one of my least favorite times as we make a billinon phone calls and confirm all the rides for everyone to make it the 30 minutes to church. It is super stressful and this last saturday night, we found out the all 3 of the members with cars were going to be working the next day (sunday :( ) because they hadn't worked all week because of the rain. I felt sick when they told us and I had no idea what to do. Plus I was super nervous because I thought that that meant Anastacio would work too and then we would have to postpone his baptism. But then Anastacio came to his lesson at 8 and when we asked if he was going to church the next day he said "yes of course! Tomorrow's sunday right?" I was overwhelmed with charity and gratitude for this humble young man that is so willing to obey the commandments of God. And then he was even so willing to give other people rides. So awesome!
The man he took to church is Rafael. He's kind of crazy, but he's reading, doesn't have any W of W problems and came to church and said he'd be baptized. Yeah, he's kind of different. But then again, so have been other investigators I've had that are now active members of the church so you really never know. We really can't judge.
Friday night we had Noche de Hogar in Lamont and our bishop and his wife came! It was awesome because they never come out to our area- nobody does! But the lesson went so well and so many people were there. He said he will definitely need to make a trip out to Arvin soon- because now he sees how strong these areas are. These people are awesome!
Alvaro didn't make it to church because he was sick, but he's still progressing and is totally ready for his baptism! I'm sooo excited!
And I'm soooooo excited for General Conference!!!!! Can you believe it's already here? I'm not gonna lie, I hope that Elder Holland speaks on Saturday so that I can hear it in English. We probably won't have anybody there on Sat cause everyone works so we can listen in English, but on Sunday we'll probably watch it all in Spanish. It's still really good and I can pretty much understand it all, it's just nice to get to hear their own voices instead of a translator. Well, anyways, I'm super pumped for it whether I hear it in English or Spanish.
I love you mucho and I'm so glad that I have such an awesome family! Keep being good people and share the Gospel!
Love,
Hermana Hatch
No comments:
Post a Comment