"And they were all young men (and young women), and they were exceedingly valiant for courage, and also for strength and activity; but behold, this was not all- they were men (and women) who were true at all times in whatsoever thing they were entrusted."
-Alma 53:20, California Ventura Mission Theme

SEND LETTERS TO...

Hermana Allesha R. Hatch
L.D.S. Mission Office
260 Maple Court Suite 120
Ventura, California 93003

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Hola! (March 22, 2011)

Ok, well it's been a pretty great week.  The work is going great.  We have two people that are set for April 6th and they're both pretty solid.  So we have Family Home Evening every week here in Arvin on Monday and Lamont on Friday.  We usually teach it, but lately I've been trying to get other people to teach them.  This past Friday Alvaro (one of the investigators set for 6 april) and carlos (recent convert) gave the lesson.  Alvaro used to be so shy and quiet and now he's changed so much and he's so happy.  I just love it.  He even volunteered to give the opening prayer at church in sunday school.  That's huge for him! 
 
Anastacio is the other one getting baptized and he is awesome.  He totally came to church adn loved it!  We taught him the 10 commandments and he told us he has little saints idol things in his car and a virgin maria.  When we asked him if he would be willing to get rid of them he said of course and that it was no problem because it's a commandment from God.  So awesome!
We had to drop Veronica this week because she didn't come to church once again.  It's hard cause I love her so much and she knows it's true, she just has to come to church.  We told her when she comes we'll come by again- so hopefully this sunday!
 
Funny story, this week we contacted a referral we recieved from a random person and he turned out to be really crazy.  He was pretty intense and was convinced that we are the church that still practices polygamy (even though we told him we weren't).  Then he went on about how we- Hna. Burch and I- could be his two little wifeys and how with our brains he could have a job and a nice car and a mansion....Yeah, we got out of there pretty quickly.  But now we like to fondly refer to each other as Sister-wife Burch and Sister-wife Hatch.  Oh good times on the mission.
 
Life is great and the work keeps a movin.  I'm sorry to hear about all of our family that is sick and going through a hard time right now.  They will all be in my prayers.  Tell them I love them and I'm thinking about them.  This must be a really hard time for dad right now too.  I love you papa and you are in my prayers too.  I know that everything will be ok.  I was reading today about the Spirit World and in Preach my Gospel it says something about how death is necessary so that we can gain immortality.  I never had thought about it like that before and it sounds kind of contrary.  But it is true that the only way we can be resurrected and recieve immortality and Exaltation is through passing from this life to the next.  It really is such a positive step in our eternal progression.  It is still difficult though, but I know Heavenly Father can comfort us and help us to make it through every trial that we have.
I love you all so much and hope that you have a great week!
Love,
Hermana Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment