Surprise! I get to write on Monday today because it is Transfers and we found out Hna. Doxey is getting moved and we have to go to Ventura tomorrow for transfer meeting so we can't email tomorrow. She's going to another area and Hermana Burch is coming with me. She also served in Oxnard in my first area after I switched areas so we already kind of know each other. She's a very good missionary and it'll be a great transfer full of miracles! Sorry mom for sneaking in an email again before you expected, but at least this time you got in some emails before I got on.
Ok, well it has been a crazy week! Ramon got baptized!!!!!!!! Woohoo!!!!! But, the day of the baptism didn't start out so great. Our phone was stolen Saturday morning. Suffice it to say, the whole day was super stressful and everybody was trying to get a hold of us but nobody could. But it all worked out and the Bishop filled up the font and it was beautiful. I said a prayer, Hermana Doxey gave a talk, a recent convert- Carlos- gave a talk too (it was awesome even though he as super nervous) and the missionaries did a special musical number Senor yo te seguire (Lord I would follow thee). Everything was so wonderful and I am grateful that I got to be here to see him take this step in his journey to follow his Savior.
Sunday was awesome!!!! Our investigator Elias came in a suit! It was only his second time coming! He is totally gonna get baptized this transfer! Other awesome investigators came and also a less active family- the Gonzalez family! We've been teaching them all transfer and the dad has always told us he wouldn't come to church yet. But the Lord can soften hearts and work miracles and they all came to church on Sunday- the parents and six children! And only the parents and the oldest daughter are baptized so we'll be working on helping the other kids follow now. It was so beautiful to see them in the church and I couldn't stop smiling.
We've gotten a couple of awesome referrals this week from members. One of them came to church, and him and another friend of a member already have accepted a baptism date! They are reading and praying and it's so awesome! The one that came to church, Jose, is 18 years old and lives with his brothers and sister. They don't have the best standards and drink a lot, but this young man wants this so much and is willing to give it all up to find peace and joy in this life and the life to come. When we asked him why he wanted to be baptized he said that it was because that was what God wanted him to do. It was such a sweet, honest answer and was very touching.
This week has been really great, even though we lost the phone and got chastized a little bit by President Murri (that wasn't fun), and I look forward to the next transfer. I have looooved being with Hermana Doxey. She is awesome and I'll miss her a lot, but that's mission life for ya.
I love you all soooooo very very much and hope you have a great week.
Love,
Hermana Hatch
No comments:
Post a Comment