"And they were all young men (and young women), and they were exceedingly valiant for courage, and also for strength and activity; but behold, this was not all- they were men (and women) who were true at all times in whatsoever thing they were entrusted."
-Alma 53:20, California Ventura Mission Theme

SEND LETTERS TO...

Hermana Allesha R. Hatch
L.D.S. Mission Office
260 Maple Court Suite 120
Ventura, California 93003

Saturday, March 5, 2011

!ijo le!/Me again (March 1, 2011)

Wow I am sooooooo excited that Luis is coming to the great CVM!!!!!!!  It's the best mission in the world!  Do you think since he knows portugese they will send him on the fast track in the MTC?  That would be so cool to see him in the field.  Or maybe somebody from my MTC district will end up training him.  It's a good possibility.  Anyways, I was super excited to read it.  It really is such a small world.
I'm glad to hear that you are all doing so well and I just love hearing your little stories about Dallin and Cason mom!  I'm not gonna lie, I am pretty excited to get to get to see them again.  It just blows my mind that they are talking!  So crazy!
Ok well this week was awesome!  Silverio that I taught in Oxnard got baptized!  We're doing great!  I don't have a cold anymore!  Woohoo!
Thanks for the mail!  I've actually gottta go cause something's up with the computers.  So I'll write you next week.  Sorry it's so short.  Love you a lot!!!!!!
Love,
Hermana Hatch
 
 
Ok, well something fell through so here we are again at the Library to actually use our email time to write a little bit more. 
This week we had a ton of lessons because we had found so many new investigators.  We taught an average of 7 lessons a day!  Crazy!  It's so awesome!  It's so interesting because it is totally different than my other areas.  We teach a lot more here and do a lot less finding.  It's such a testimony that really, as missionaries we don't do much- that it is all the Lord and His timing and how prepared the people are.  I realized this because I am doing nothing different here than before (well, hopefully I'm a little better as a missionary), but we are having tons more lessons and finding tons more people.  We just work as hard as we can and the Lord guides and directs His work.  It's been a very humbling experience and I've enjoyed getting to work with the people here in Lamont and Arvin. 
One of our investigators- Ramon- is getting baptized on Saturday!!!!!!!  He is so ready and humble and I love him a lot.  He's one of the men that lives in that house full of men.  He has a family in mexico that he hasn't seen in 4 years and he's here working to support them.  He knows that the Gospel will make him a better father and he wants it so he can bless his family.  Hopefully he gets to return to Mexico soon.
I got your letter mom, and I'm not gonna lie it freaked me out a bit.  I don't really like having to think about the future and I have complete trust in the Lord that everything will work out.  There's not really much I can do about my career right now and as I've prayed about it I just feel the Lord telling me to be patient and that He will take care of it and it will work out.  I think it might be a little weird for "my mom" to talk to schools about hiring me, :) but maybe just keep your ears open for possibilities and mention a word or two here and there about me.  It's hard cause I don't even have a resume and there's no way I could make one while I'm here.  Don't worry mom, everything will work out.  I do however don't think I can just sub for awhile because I will need insurance ASAP, so I'll be searching for a job with benefits.  By the way, I don't think I've mentioned but as a sister missionary we actually get a choice as to which transfer we take home- the early or the late- because 18 mths lands in the middle of a transfer.  That means that I actually have a choice between coming home around July 11 or in August, 6 weeks later.  I've been thinking about it a lot and I still don't know what to do.  To be honest, it breaks my heart to think about coming home in July because I love being a missionary.  I love it so much and wish it could just last forever.  On the other hand, I know that I'll have more of a chance to get a job if I come home in July and that while the Lord provides, He expects us to do our part.  It's really been tearing me up lately and I thought I knew what I would do, but now I'm just really confused.  I try not to dwell on it more than is necessary but time is going by really fast and I'm gonna have to decide soon.  I've been praying and fasting and I'm still not sure.  So I just ask that maybe you all could pray for me to know what the Lord would have me do and what would be the best. 
Don't stress about it too much mom, I know that everything will be ok and the Lord will take care of me and my future.  He is in the details of our lives.
Love you guys muchisisimo!
-Hermana Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment