It was a great week. We found 12 new investigators- los eligidos! The elect!- and hopefully they all progress. I have faith that they will! I love teaching our 6 little men. No, mother there are no Elders around here. The closest Elders are 40 minutes away. We are out on our own in little Arvin. And don't worry, the men are all super respectful and sweet to us. They walk us out to car at night and everything- well only one does, not all six. Only two came to church this week, although they told us they would. Hopefully Ramon accepts a date for his baptism soon. He's totally ready and told us he wants to get baptized. I don't know what's holding him back.
We started teaching these two sweet men, Jesus and Lupe. Jesus is awesome and understands everything and has clearly been searching for this! He told us he believes in Saints and all that, but when we taught him the Restoration he just accepted it right away- Lupe too! The Spirit was so strong it was awesome!
The other day we were walking to an appt and met this sweet older lady Mercedes and we hit it off. We set up an appt to go by and when we did on Sat. she totally made us delicious tacos and introduced us to all her family. We're gonna start teaching her, her daughter and her daughter in law. They even gave us two more referrals! Awesome!
We also started teaching this young mother that has two children- Veronica. When we went back her husband was there and we taugh them both. They are so humble and at the end of the lesson we all knelt down and he said a prayer- the first time he's ever prayed in his life. It's little moments like those that I will never forget my whole life. And it makes all the hard times worth it. I just love being a missionary!
The ward is cool and I have become the ward pianist. Who knew I'd play the piano so much? It was the usual crazy testimony meeting yesterday and wonderful classes. I love these people. :)
Well, I must now turn the time over to Hna. Doxey. She says hi and sends her love back. More pictures, packages, etc would be great :) I love whatever you want to send. Heather, I haven't had brownies in a while...;)
Thanks so much for everything!
Love you guys a lot!
-Hermana Hatch
No comments:
Post a Comment