Hola familia. Espero que todos esten bien.
How's it going? Are you ok mom? You didn't send a letter this week or a personal email. I'm just a little surprised. But I love the lesson Sis. Allred gave. I glanced through it and there were a lot of things I needed to hear. Could you do me a favor and print it out and send it with your letter? I don't get much time on the computer. And if you ever come across good talks I'm always willing to get any you all want to print out and send to me. Along with any letters you guys happen to want to send. :)
This week we had a heat wave. It was tough with all of the knocking we do. I know I know, I'm so spoiled with this great weather we usually have that 90s just kills me. But walking around in 90 degree weather with backpacks and skirts is a lot different than sitting at home with air conditioning in over 100 degree weather. We are still struggling to get lessons and investigators and the area is still pretty tough, but we're not down yet. Evidently Heavenly Father knows that we are still lacking on our faith, humility, and patience and has decided to keep trying us. Sometimes it's pretty tough, but I know everything will be ok. He's very merciful and I have a lot to be grateful for. I heard from and Elder that came from Ventura that the couple I taught in Ventura (Cristina y Roberto) are gonna get baptized this transfer! I'm sooooo excited!
We are teaching a family that Hna. Kitchen has taught since June and we're trying to get them baptized before she goes home but they lack a lot of faith. The mom works on weekends- including sunday for a member that needs someone to cover her store so she can go to church! Oh the irony. So frustrating! But they need the money so bad cause that's their only income (it's about $30) so she tells her she'll do it, even though the member knows she's investigating the church. And we thought they'd given up smoking but this week as we drove past their house we saw her smoking. I called her right away and she said she was going to work. Our next lesson we talked about the Word of wisdom and the Atonement and how we know it's hard for them and if they fall, it happens and because of the Atonement we can pick ourselves up and try again. She flat out lied to us and said she hasn't smoked for months. Sat she lied more and said she was sleeping and I woke her up when I had called. We fasted yesterday for them and we still don't know what we're going to do. Pray for us.
I know you all have busy lives, but a letter every now and then definitely cheers up us hard working missionaries :)
Love you all and hope you have a great week. Thanks for all your love and support and prayers.
And remember that Thanksgiving in spanish is el dia de accion de gracias! That translates directly to the day of acts of thanks. Gratitude is not just a feeling, it's an action. We can apply that to every aspect of our lives- including the gratitude we feel for our Savior.
Have a great week!
Love,
Hermana Hatch
No comments:
Post a Comment