It was so nice to talk to you all on Christmas! I love and miss you all and I'm glad that everything is going well. I can't believe that Dallin and Cason can talk! It still just blows my mind. I loved all of the gifts you sent (and the food :) ) and I had a really awesome Christmas. Thank you so much! Everything was perfect!
Last week was a really great week. Although there was LOTS of rain. Tracting in rain is not fun, but I always say that whenever the work gets more difficult, that just means that Heavenly Father is gonna bless us with that many more blessings for being faithful despite the challenges. And He did. We had some great lessons. Christmas was a blast and after I hung up the phone I went downstairs and we hung out a little bit with the Elders and Hno. Garcia's family. The best part was that I totally tried a cricket! haha! It actually wasn't as bad as it looked. I ate 3. I know, I'm crazy. After we went to dinner with a member family (posole and tamales of course) and then looked for a potential investigator in the rain and had a great lesson with one of our other investigators. We were pretty wet by the end of the night, but don't worry- vale la pena! (it's worth the pain). And I didn't get sick so no worries.
I think the hardest part of this week happened earlier, on Tuesday. Don't post this part or anything ok? Do you remember me talking about Mike, a less active member we found that hadn't been to church since he was 8. He was doing awesome and going strong and he made the times without investigators or lessons worth it, because we knew we were helping him. Well, this week we went to his house and he told us he isn't going to go back to church and that he doesn't want us to keep coming by to teach him anymore. He's just really confused right now and says he needs some time. It was pretty out of the blue, although he has been going through a hard time lately, and I cried in the lesson, and after. I couldn't help it. It broke my heart to see him walk away from the only thing that has given him peace and light in his life. I care about him a lot and it makes me so sad. Hna. Kitchen doesn't know and I'm reluctant to write that letter. But maybe she can call him or something and talk some sense into him. I know that he knows this is the truth and one day he will come around, but until then I hope that he doesn't have to suffer too much with the choices that he makes. It still makes me sad to think about, but I have to have hope that everything will be ok.
I'm gonna get going now because the library is freezing and I don't have a sweater, but I love you all and hope that you have a very fun week.
I love you all so so so much and I'll talk to you later.
Have a good week!
Love, Hermana Hatch
No comments:
Post a Comment