Thanks for the shoes mom and the cookies :) I guess you got the hint. They were delicious and the shoes are really comfortable. They fit great thanks! That's so awesome and crazy that Lindsey's officially engaged. I totally approve a cardboard cutout of me as long as I can pick the picture :) No I don't have my video camera, they're not allowed sorry :(
This week was also tough. We taught the least amount of lessons I've ever taught in the week my whole mission- and Hermana Kitchen's too (and she's almost done). Oh well. We had President's interviews on Friday and so he's aware that the work here is pretty slow. We're thinking he'll combine this area and my last area but you never know with president. He's so funny and has a great sense of humor. I feel so lucky to have such a great mission president. And no dad, I know for a fact he would not let me go home and also doesn't agree with anyone visiting from home. Sorry guys. But I respect him and know he's just following the counsel of his leaders and the white bible - the missionary handbook.
We did find four new investigators though and got a few referrals so this week things should pick up a little! It makes it tons easier that Hermana Kitchen and I get along so well. It makes the hard times less hard and we help keep each other going. We have a really good time. The funny thing is that she asked President for me to be her companion last transfer and here we are together. yeah, I'm kind of in high demand. haha
The members here are so great and I love Oxnard. The weather's getting chilly but I like it that way. You know I hate the heat. This week a new convert taught us to make chili rellenos! mmmmm so good! I've grown to love spicy food so much I need chilis with everything. It's so funny they always eat tortillas and chilis with everything- like yesterday we had pork chops, vegetables and potatoes at a members home and of course we ate it with chilis and tortillas. I loooove it!
I'm really doing good mom, I promise.
I love you all and hope you have a great week! Toodles!
-Hermana Hatch
No comments:
Post a Comment