I actually have been really great this week! I finally feel healthy again and the work is going awesome! We had an awesome week with lots of lessons and lots of people progressing! We had 7 people at church yesterday!!!! Gerardo, the son of our recent convert is doing great and is super excited for his baptism on the 22nd. He's a sweet little 9 year old and his mom is doing great! She was gonna start working on sundays again, but she talked to her boss and is gonna get every other sunday off. So that's good news! Silverio, our new investigator has a baptism date for Feb 12, reads the book of mormon (he's already in 2Nefi- he told us it's cause he was afraid we'd be mad if he didn't read haha. He was just kidding, I think :) I guess we were pretty clear on how important it is), comes to church, and prays. He's pretty awesome! Ramon, Marta, and Ramon Jr- the family we're teaching- were able to come to church woohoo, read, and pray and look forward to baptism. However the dad isn't reading as much and is trying to get sunday mornings off. But yesterday the priesthood lesson was about the sabbath day and I guess all the hermanos talked to him, encouraged him, and gave him their phone numbers and such. I'm telling you, our ward is AWESOME! Fellowship from members is crucial and it means so much when the members take the initiative to offer rides, talk to them, sit by them, etc. Our other investigators that came to church was the investigator we teach in english and her family. She has had a rough life and it continues to be hard. Everytime we learn something new and I am just shocked. She's coming along though and got a priesthood blessing this week. I love her so much and I can tell Heavenly Father loves her too cause He's fighting for her. We'll see what happens, but I know miracles are possible.
We also successfully passed along an investigator to the English elders that we're pretty sure had a thing for me. Yeah, that happens. I guess the skirt, missionary badge, and brilliant glow that we have just makes us irresistable. I've never been told how guapa and beautiful I am so much in my whole life. Funny huh? It does cause major problems sometimes though. But no worries, we'll try to look more like nuns from now on.
Well, I've gotta go cause we are going to the temple this week so pday is cut short. Love you all so much! Remember to read and pray everyday and go to church. We've been timing reading with people to show them how little time it takes to read in the Book of Mormon. You can succesffully read a page in the B of M in about 3-4 minutes. So the excuse that we're just too busy just doesn't cut it :)
Remember who you are and take care of Mom and Dad! Don't worry mom, pretty soon you will have a house full of little grandchildren and it will no longer feel so empty.
I love you all so much!!!!
!Que pasen una bonita semana!
love, Hermana Hatch
No comments:
Post a Comment