"And they were all young men (and young women), and they were exceedingly valiant for courage, and also for strength and activity; but behold, this was not all- they were men (and women) who were true at all times in whatsoever thing they were entrusted."
-Alma 53:20, California Ventura Mission Theme

SEND LETTERS TO...

Hermana Allesha R. Hatch
L.D.S. Mission Office
260 Maple Court Suite 120
Ventura, California 93003

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Glad tidings of good joy... (December 13, 2010)

So this week has been awesome!  But first let's get some business out of the way.  Ok so I thought of a few more things I need.  A calendar to put on my wall, a journal (the smaller kind any color works), and...ok I feel bad asking for this one...a camera.  Ok, ok so you don't have to get me the translater cause I don't want to ask for both but I REALLY need a new camera.  Mine doesn't take pictures anymore :(  Yeah, it's sad.  Doesn't need to be anything fancy, I'll let you pick one out and I'll love it.  But that would be awesome.  I'm looking forward to packages!!!  :)  I have a surprise for you too.  It's for the family.  I don't think I can do individual stuff this year but I'll bring souvenirs home next year (yup, from CA  hahah).  I will plan on 2:00 PM christmas day.  If it needs to change just let me know next week in the email.  We're gonna go to our ward mission leaders house on Christmas day and use his phone.  He's excited cause he says that means he gets to talk to you after me (don't worry, I don't count that as taking away from my time).  I'm pretty excited to talk to you all as well!
Lindsey, how were your receptions?  Sounds like you had a busy week-all of you!  Fun fun!  Ok, so I'm not complaining or anything but I thought I would just mention that my dying companion has gotten more mail the last two weeks of her mission then I have the whole transfer- maybe two.  haha.  So maybe you should just not write on my blog and just write a note : Hermana Hatch requests letters.  Gracias.  Les Quiere.  haha until people write me more.  Nah, don't mention to people that I'm complaining.  It's really all good and the work is more important anyways.  Less distractions right?
Soooo this week we ahd FIVE investigators come to church!!!!!!!!!!  Awesome huh?!  It was the English lady we're teaching and her daughter- who by the way will be getting baptized this transfer!  And this new family we found last week.  I don't know if I told you but we were knocking one day- you know the usual- and Hermana Kitchen was just done with knocking.  She just couldn't do it anymore.  So I said, ok let's go caroling then and we started knocking and carolling.  The last door we knocked was this family that let us in!!!!  They have a baptism date for Jan 15th and they are reading and praying and just awesome!  Their son is 13 and is such a good young man.  He's gonna be an awesome missionary one day!  So the work is definitely progressing.  I told Hermana Kitchen that it was Heavenly Father's gift to her for all of the hard work she's done here.  She's goin out with a bang.  Sometimes He lets us struggle a bit to stretch us, but He always blesses us for our efforts. 
We got transfer calls this morning and Hermana Shumway is coming with me- from Mesa!  Arizona represent!  So yes, I'm still junior comp.  Yup, kind of stinks but that's how it just worked out.  Hermana Peters- my MTC comp- is training so I'm a little jealous about that but I'll suck up my pride and enjoy that I get to be here for Christmas and to help our investigators.  Oh, another surprise is that President took the other sisters out so the Elders and Us split up their area- which means I get some of my old investigators back!!!! I get to work back in Camarillo!!!  Woohoo.  The sisters are gonna be working in 6th ward- the other spanish ward in this area.  Yeah it's all pretty crazy and another unexpected turn.  
Well, we have a lot to do for Hermana Kitchen since she dies on Wed so I've gotta go.  Love you all!!!!!  Lots and lots!!!
Con amor,
Hermana Hatch 

No comments:

Post a Comment