"And they were all young men (and young women), and they were exceedingly valiant for courage, and also for strength and activity; but behold, this was not all- they were men (and women) who were true at all times in whatsoever thing they were entrusted."
-Alma 53:20, California Ventura Mission Theme

SEND LETTERS TO...

Hermana Allesha R. Hatch
L.D.S. Mission Office
260 Maple Court Suite 120
Ventura, California 93003

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Feliz ano nuevo! (January 3, 2011)

Hello peeps in Arizona!  :)  I'm glad that you got and enjoyed my surprise video on saturday.  I felt like it was a tv special or something with me sitting in front of the christmas tree, but it's where hno. garcia wanted to do it so I gave in.  He was so funny and had me do it multiple times- most of which ended up pretty ridiculous- so you got the best I could offer.  I'm so glad that everything worked out and that the wedding was beautiful!  I'm super excited to get pictures!!!!
It's still so crazy about zach and becca!!!  But it was nice to see their invite.  I hope you didn't make him feel too bad mom, :) I really do understand that things happen.  But that was thoughtful that he tried.  And don't make my friends feel too guilty for not writing me.  It really is ok.  I understand how life gets.  The most important letters I want are from you guys!!!  And letters themselves aren't too important.   They are nice, but not too important.
Hmmm, so I'm trying to focus and think what happened this week, but I'm having a hard time. haha.  We've got a lot more investigators now that we cover camarillo as well.  We've definitely got some interesting characters, but I love them all so much.
We found this guy, Silverio, this week.  We knocked into him and taught him a little lesson right there on his doorstep.  He actually was taught before in Simi Valley and was really impacted that more missionaries found him.  I felt prompted to ask him to be baptized so I did, right there on his doorstep in our first meeting.  He said when he knows it's true he will.  We met with him a couple more times and he shared some interesting experiences, but he's a good guy and he's praying and reading, AND walked to church in the rain- like 40 minutes away!!!!  AWESOME!!!  I'm super excited about him. 
The family we are teaching didn't come to church again and he still hasn't talked to his boss about it.  But he's not drinking coffee and we watched the JS movie with the mom and son (13) and they said the believe he was a prophet.  The mom is already in the end of 2 Nefi!!!!!  CRAZY!  And she's so funny and teaches her son in our lessons when we recap things he's missed, like she's known this stuff for years.  I love them sooo much!
Our english investigator gets sick A LOT and hasn't had a chance to read, and didn't come to church.  We're basically at the end with her, but last night- to make a long story short- she talked to a member on the phone that is basically like family (we were with the member) and he told her to call him everyday and set up another appt.  This is kind of like our last hurrah.  I love her and I'm praying it works out.  She's had a crrrazzy life and each time we go we learn even more and more and it's a miracle that she's even alive.  It definitely wasn't chance that we found her that one night.
Alfredo is an intense camarillo investigator we have that is slowly progressing, but reads everything.  He tells me I'm pushy (so do most people :) )  but I just tell him I'm honest.  He's honest too so we get along great.  Heavenly Father called me on a mission, pushiness and all, and sometimes that's what people need. haha.
We had our interviews with our mission president this week.  He told me I'm getting old in the mission and I told him I'm still just a greenie.  He definitely hinted at changes coming up.  I feel like I'll be transferred this next time, but I guess you really never know.  I told him I'd be fine either way.  But now that I've thought about it it makes me really really sad to think about leaving Oxnard.  I've been here so long and the ward is AWESOME, the members are AMAZING and we have a ward mission leader that actually magnifies his calling!  I love the people that we are teaching and I would just really love to see one of them get baptized!  But, I will go where the Lord wants me to go.  Last week we taught primary with the Elders (and gospel principles- I just love when the teachers don't show up) and we taught the kids the song Nefi's courage- in Spanish of course.  I love it!  Ire y hare lo que manda El Senor.  La via El preparara y obedecere!  :)  Good times.
Well, I'm glad that you all had a lovely week and Lindsey I'm glad that everything was beautiful and wonderful and I can't wait to hear about it from you!  Oh, and bienvenido a mi familia Jared!  
Los Quiero muchisimo!  
Hermana Allesha Hatch
PS- There is now another Hermana Hatch in the mission- I know I know, ridiculous!- and so everything that you send now needs to be labled with my first name too.  Maybe spread the word to anyone else thinking of writing me.  Thanks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment