"And they were all young men (and young women), and they were exceedingly valiant for courage, and also for strength and activity; but behold, this was not all- they were men (and women) who were true at all times in whatsoever thing they were entrusted."
-Alma 53:20, California Ventura Mission Theme

SEND LETTERS TO...

Hermana Allesha R. Hatch
L.D.S. Mission Office
260 Maple Court Suite 120
Ventura, California 93003

Saturday, March 5, 2011

!Feliz Dia de Accion de Gracias! (November 22, 2010)

Buenos Dias mi familia bonita.  Another great week here in the great California Ventura Mission.  Here are some highlights from this past week:
We talked to Mike about the Priesthood and he should be recieving it in the next couple of weeks.  We even mentioned a mission and he's going to think and pray about it!  We're so excited for him and it's amazing to see how much happier he is and how much he loves church.  He's a great example to us and all the members.  I know that the Lord has a great work for him to do and I can't wait to see where life takes him. 
So we teach this less active family that has started coming back to church.  They live in a very small house and have practically nothing, but they feed us every week because they say it gives them blessings and they just love the missionaries.  They are so awesome, even though their kids are CRAZY!  So we've decided that their little four year old has a crush on me.  He always touches me or pets my hair and stays close to me.  He's cute, but can be quite the little terror.  This past week he had this big cup of cocoa powder.  Near the end of the lesson he started to pour a little bit on my skirt.  So I tried to ignore him and swept it off.  Then he did it again with more.  So I told him no swept it off again.  Then the prayer started and I could feel him close to me.  I kept my eyes closed as long as possible but finally couldn't take it and saw that he had dumped a big pile on me and was touching me with his dirty hands and giggling. I held his hands as the prayer finished and his mom finally realized what was going on.  She gave me a towel  which he poured more onto.  I couldn't take it anymore so I stood up to leave, relieved to finally get away from the cocoa, and started saying goodbye when they all started making noises and I realized he had dumped cocoa all down my backpack.  Oh the joys of teaching families...haha.  It was pretty funny.  We'll see what happens next time...
Yesterday in the morning as we were studying I suddenly got feeling sick and had to run to the bathroom.  The rest of the day kind of follwed the same and I felt awful!  We went to breakfast at our ward mission leaders house and they gave me mexican antacid stuff that actually helped a little and some toast.  I love them so much.  They're pretty awesome.  Heavenly Father worked a miracle and I felt well enough to go to stake conference because we thought an investigator was going, but they never showed up.  Afterward we passed by the Quezada's house (we eat with them every other sun) to pick up a plate for hna. kitchen and go home, but hna. Quezada wouldn't stand that and they put blankets around me, made me sit by the fireplace, made me mint herbal tea, and broth and totally spoiled me.  She is so awesome and tells me I'm her daughter and that she loves me :)  I love her a lot too and the whole family is awesome!  I told her I would let my mom know that I've got some good people taking care of me here.  She sent us home with more mint, leftovers for me to eat today, and even called this morning to see how I was.  I just love the members here and am grateful for all the time I get to be here.  There are many people I will never forget, and will stay in contact with forever.
The Lord is watching out for me and I feel His love so strong.  I know that this truly is His work and that this is His church on the earth.  I know that He loves each of you and is taking care of you.  I hope that you have a great thanksgiving and that you think of me here, suffering through being fed mounds and mounds of food by everyone we visit :)  I can't wait...
Tell the whole family I say hi and I love them all! 
Something that we've been doing is sharing a message of gratitude with families and committing them to say one prayer a day of pure thanks up until thanksgiving.  We have been doing it ourselves and it makes me realize how much I have to be grateful for.  I challenge you all to do the same and see how the Lord truly has blessed us in our lives.  It will truly change the way you see your life and you will feel the Spirit stronger in your lives.
Lots of love,
Hermana Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment