Hey family!
I hope everything is going well with everyone. You know you can still send me mail on tranfers week mom, you just send it to the Mission Office address instead. My new address is 1910 Ginger St.#16 Oxnard, CA. It's pretty similar to the last one, just a little different cause I'm in a different building and apartment.
So Hermana Kitchen is awesome! I already love her so much and we get along really well! She's from Spanish Fork, UT (yup another Utahn) and is a hair stylist. She's pretty great and has a great sense of humor. By the way, I don't remember if I mentioned last week how much Hna Frost loved your letter mom! I forgot to mention it was her birthday and so it was perfect! She thought for sure the two letters in the box were both for me and was sooooo excited when she saw one was for her. That was awesome! I still get to see her a lot- which is cool- and hear how our investigators are doing. That's kind of nice.
The new area has some challenges, just like my last area, and we definitely need to find some new investigators. But the Lord is guiding us and works miracles everyday.
Speaking of miracles, I have a pretty awesome one to share. When I first came to Oxnard Hna Frost and her previous companion had been teaching an older man, the husband of a recent convert. He was never there for his appointments, although he was going to church. Not long after I arrived he told us he didn't want to keep taking the discussions but would keep coming to church and activities and would let us know when he was ready to learn again. So for the last three months we've been praying and fasting for the Lord to soften his heart. He came to church every week and Noche de Hogar every monday where we taught the lessons. We'd see him all the time and I love him and his sweet amazing wife. Just a couple of weeks ago we went over for her new member lesson and we got talking with him again, and he told us once again that he wasn't ready and would let us know when he was. Well, sometime in the last couple of weeks, Heavenly Father worked a miracle because yesterday Mariano got up in church, bore his testimony, and emotionally announced that he wants to be baptized. I can't even express the Spirit and joy that was in that Sacrament meeting yesterday. It was a moment that I will never forget. I now know more than ever that miracles do happen and that Heavenly Father can do all things. I have to confess that I did not believe that it would happen while I was here. But the Lord's time is not our time and with Him all things are possible. He has helped my unbelief and my faith has been strengthened. I am sooooo grateful that I was here for that moment and that most likely I will be here for Mariano's baptism. Our ward is currently in a 40 day fast for missionary work- different families and people sign up different days so that there is one person and at all times fasting within the period of 40 days. The Elders have had two miracle baptisms and we were praying for our miracle. We would joke about Mariano calling us and telling us he was ready, but I think deep down we both thought it wouldn't happen while we were here. Heavenly Father has blessed us and this ward, and Mariano's family with a miracle.
Well, I hope that you all have a great week and that everything is fantastic! Keep praying and reading the BoM and going to the temple! I love you all sooo much and can feel your prayers and love everyday. Thanks for all your support!
Love,
Hermana Hatch
No comments:
Post a Comment