"And they were all young men (and young women), and they were exceedingly valiant for courage, and also for strength and activity; but behold, this was not all- they were men (and women) who were true at all times in whatsoever thing they were entrusted."
-Alma 53:20, California Ventura Mission Theme

SEND LETTERS TO...

Hermana Allesha R. Hatch
L.D.S. Mission Office
260 Maple Court Suite 120
Ventura, California 93003

Saturday, March 5, 2011

!Que Milagros! (November 16, 2010)

So this past week was awesome!  We had more lessons and are finding more people.  The Lord is so merciful and always answers our prayers, just in His timing (which is always much better than ours).  I am learning the love that He truly has for me, and for each person individually and uniquely.  He will never give us more than we can handle.  I also found out this week that Juana has a baptism date for in a couple of weeks (who I taught in my last area)  and that Cristina and Roberto are getting baptized Dec 11th (from my first area)!!!!  Yesterday we had zone conference and the Elder that's teaching Cristina y Roberto told me they talk about me all the time and really want me to come to their baptism.  So I asked President and got permission since it's just in Ventura (10 min away)!!!!  I'm soooo excited!!!! I haven't seen them in so long and I'll get to see a lot of members from my first area! What a blessing!  I'm so excited!  I'm sure they will all be amazed that I actually speak and understand spanish now haha.  It's just amazing because already I am seeing the fruit of my labors of people that I've taught in the past.  I knew they'd all get baptized eventually but honestly pictured it as something in the future at some unknown date.  It's such a blessing to have it happen while I'm on the mission and still in the general area.  I feel so blessed!!!!
Funny story- so for zone conference we have car inspections.  It's hard in our area because they move Pday to tuesday and we have zone conference on monday- no time to clean it!  I guess we could do it the week before, but that'd just be way too responsible.  ;)  Plus Elder Finkle (the car person aka fleet coordinator- easily described as a very cranky but loveable old man) is intense and is really picky.  A lot can happen to a car in one week.  So anyways, we woke up and cleaned it for exercise and since we couldn't vacuum Hna. kitchen had the brilliant idea to sweep everything under the mats.  Yes, I am embarrssed to say that we did indeed hide all of our dirt under our car mats.  Hna.Kitchen had done it before and they didn't even check.  I know, I know...we were rushed for time.  Ok, well you can imagine what happened next.  During lunch at zone conference elder finkle begins to announce the car report scores (mission ritual).  Then we hear him say "oh this is a good one...Sister Kitchen and Sister Hatch"  And then he proceeds to announce to everyone that they looked over our car thinking it was beautiful, had written down 100....but then looked under the mats.  He told us "thou shalt not cover thy sins" and everyone laughed and laughed.  It was quite funny and we definitely learned our lesson.  Oops. 
Time's up but I love you all very very much and I hope that you have a fantastic week!  Be good people, pray, and read your scriptures.  And always go to church!!!!  These little things make all the difference.
Con mucho amor,
Su hermana y hija favorita, Hermana Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment