So the news is.........I'm staying here in Oxnard with Sister Kitchen. Yup, we're not changing at all. It's pretty surprising cause we were pretty sure that one of us would change, but that's how it goes. I'm happy I'm still here and with her, but this also means that I'll be sticking around in Oxnard for awhile- and that could mean a LONG while since she gets done with her mission at the end of this transfer. So I'm pretty sure I'm here for at least the next 3 months. It's a great place, the ward is great, and it's very beautiful so I can't complain. We had a pretty tough transfer the last six weeks and I know that it's been hard on Sister Kitchen especially because she's been in this area for 4 tranfers (6 mths). She wanted to move, but she told me this morning before we got the call that if she had to stay here for the last transfer, she could do it if I was her companion. Well, I am, so together we can work hard, trust in the Lord, and have miracles happen. Hna. Kitchen has a lot of strength and faith and I'm grateful that we get another transfer to learn and grow together.
For Halloween the wards had a combined trunk or treat on Sat night that we got to go to. It was a lot of fun! We were cold so our Bishop randomly took 2 panchos out of his trunk and put them on us- so we had our costume all night. And the best part was he let us keep them at the end of the night! So now I have and authentic pancho from Mexico (I'll be sure and send pictures). Then we had an awesome lesson with two investigators (the one that's trying to give up drinking) and they told us they'd come to church on sun. We called before church and they said they were getting ready. However, unfortunately they never showed up. It was a pretty big let down- especially because some of our less actives (including Mike) didn't come to church either.
But on a more positive note, Juana, one of the people I taught w/ Hna. Frost in my last area came to church so I got to see her and her kids!!!! I hadn't seen them for 6 weeks and I missed them so much! It's so awesome because when I got changed she couldn't really progress because she worked Sundays and was living with someone. Well, in the last transfer she's moved out into her own place AND now she has Sundays off so she can come to church!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy!!!!!!! I taught her from the beginning and I love her so much! Hopefully she can get baptized in the next transfer and I can be there! I'll be honest, it's kind of hard to see all these people in my last area finally progress and not be able to teach them and be a part of it. But I'm so grateful that I can at least be here to see it and experience their joy. All that really matters is that they do progress, get baptized, and one day go to the temple.
Our mission President told us we couldn't proselite after 7 yesterday because of Halloween so we should try to get appointments. Well, we couldn't get any appointments so our Ward Mission Leader invited the missionaries over and we watched the Joseph Smith movie at his house and drank hot chocolate. I love seeing that movie, and I love their family. They've basically become like family to us. You'll definitely meet them someday.
Well, that pretty much covers it. Tell Dallin HAPPY BIRTHDAY for me!!!!! And that I love him. I can't believe it's already his birthday. He's so old! What day is it again? I feel like it's the 3rd. Which would be funny cause Nov. 3 is my hump day :) Nov. 3 I'll have exactly 9 mths in the mission. Crazy! It's all down hill from here.
I love you all so so so so so much. Oh, and mom you should stop playing my songs at things. It's just a little embarrassing. :)
Love,
Hermana Hatch
No comments:
Post a Comment