"And they were all young men (and young women), and they were exceedingly valiant for courage, and also for strength and activity; but behold, this was not all- they were men (and women) who were true at all times in whatsoever thing they were entrusted."
-Alma 53:20, California Ventura Mission Theme

SEND LETTERS TO...

Hermana Allesha R. Hatch
L.D.S. Mission Office
260 Maple Court Suite 120
Ventura, California 93003

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Buenos Dias (October 11, 2010)

Ok familia, we've got a busy Pday today so this may not be super long.  
I'm glad to hear the conference went well and that the Leinens are still doing great!  Everything sounds like it's going well with everyone.  I hope you all enjoyed conference.  Let me know what your favorite talks were!  talking about conference traditions the last couple weeks, made me realize how lucky we were that mom made us watch all four sessions!  It's a great tradition to have and it makes a big difference in how you view and appreciate conference.
Well, last week we had to drop a couple more investigators- both of which were so close to baptism.  One is a single 30 yr old male that cancelled his baptism the day before and told us he'd never felt the spirit.  This week he told us he's never actually really prayed before (I had been calling him everyday to remind him and he always told me he had, which basically means he had been lying to us).  It hurts and is so sad.  We don't really know what happened to him.  The other family they've been teaching for awhile and it is also pretty sad we dropped them.  But we have faith that the Lord is in control and it will all work out someday.
We now have one, yup just one, progressing investigator we met the other day.  She's awesome!  But she can't come to church and her husband is pretty against missionaries and church so we meet with her while he's at work.  This can't end up very good.  We just started teaching her, but we'll probably start committing her to talking to her husband and introducing us to him. 
Usually by this time in the transfer the work picks up.  It's a little hard to feel like the area is so dead.  This week will include A LOT of knocking.  My favorite thing to do (haha ;) )  Nah it's not that bad and actually is kind of exciting.  You never know what interesting people you'll meet.
Well, I've g2g cause we have to buy groceries, go to lunch at one of my former investigators homes and then play VOLLEYBALL!  It was so nice, the Elders felt bad that we can't play football with them cause we can't touch them so they arranged volleyball especially for us this week.  I guess they're not so bad after all :) 
Oh- I also learned how to make real tamales this week!!!!!!  Woohoo!  I told her we always eat them at Natividad (Christmas- which makes us practically Mexican) and that when I get home I'm gonna have to make them for us.  Yeah I'm pretty excited! 
Love you all very much and hope you have a great week!
-Hermana Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment