Wasn't conference awesome?! I loved it!!!!!!! It's so rejuvinating and wonderful to hear the words of living prophets. Being on a mission has definitely helped me to appreciate more that we know that God has called a prophet in our day and apostles to lead and guide us. It just takes on a whole new meaning when you are teaching it to people who have never heard of it before. Heavenly Father truly does love us and I'm so grateful to live in this time. We didn't have very many people we're teaching come so we got to watch it in English for 3 sessions. Lindsey The last session on Sunday two less active members we're teaching came so we watched it in Spanish with them. I was surprised that I actually understood most of it- it just got difficult when they told stories about cows or logs cause I don't know a lot of that vocab. These less active members are awesome though! Binsky The mom they found randomly last transfer and didn't even know a less active member lived there. She is building her testimony again and still has a lot of questions, but accepts a lot of things with faith and a humble heart. Her son we persuaded to come to church last week- he got baptized when he was seven and is now in his 20s- and he loves it! He even told us he's gonna go buy a white shirt and tie and dress shoes that he can wear to church! He has a lot to learn cause it was so long ago and he doesn't remember anything, but he's so willing and accepting it's so awesome!
We had one investigator show up to conference but he got there right after the sunday morning session cause he got lost and he couldn't stay for the second one. But it as awesome that he made the effort and he came! We watched a little bit of the in between stuff about members around the world and talked about prophets. Lindsey He asked why we are willing as missionaries to be sent to other places and I was able to bear my testimony about the prophet and our call to spread the Gospel of Christ. He asked if I knew the prophet and I told him I didn't and that I didn't need to to know that he is called of God. He's an awesome young man (19 yrs old) and has a lot of questions, but is willing to learn and looks forward to our lessons.
We also have had some crazy experiences with people seeking us out. The other day a man on a bike pulled up to us and we talked to him and got his info for the missionaries to go by (he wasn't in our area). We have no idea how he knew we spoke spanish and what made him stop and talk to us, but he did. We also were walking out of a lesson and this man came out of his house and flagged us down. Again, I'm not really sure how he knew we spoke spanish. He told us that he has a drinking problem but that he wants to quit and he wants our help. We asked him why he came to us and he just said he thought we could help him. We had a powerful lesson last night with him and his wife and I know that God sent us to him for a reason. I've never taught an alcoholic before so I'm a little nervous, but I have faith in the power that Heavenly Father has and that the Book of Mormon can change lives. I hope that he stays willing and open and I know that it can bless and change his life and his family's.
Thank you so much for your love and support. That's awesome that you got to the condo last week! It was nice, hot weather for the beach. It was a crazy heat wave for a couple of weeks but it looks like the rain season may finally be here. Lots of rain and clouds today and yesterday. Mom, I'm so excited about your knees! That's so awesome! This conference thing sounds pretty cool. You'll have to let me know how it goes. I'm sure you'll do great! Thanks for all your letters and prayers. I feel very lucky to have such a great mom. And dad too! And sisters and brother in laws! Joy's coaching football?! haha that's awesome! Yeah you are way too crazy busy joy! Don't die of stress ok? I think Pres. Uchtdorf's talk was for you :) Thanks for your email heather. I'm so excited that you guys are finishing your yard! You'll have to take pictures and send them to me! Lindsey are you official yet? You better let me know when you are! I hope you enjoyed seeing your name in my email :)
Ok, can you do me a favor- someone- and get jonathan's address for me? Thanks!
I think I'm going to send a surprise this week that I hope you will all enjoy! Keep being good people and remember who you are! I am committing you all to read the BoM everyday this week, ok? I will follow up on who did it next week. :) I know I'm a nerd.
Love you all sooooooo much!
Toodles,
Hermana Hatch
No comments:
Post a Comment