So today is tranfers day and we got the call. BUT, it's definitely not something any of us expected. So remember how I told you that there are two other Hermanas that work in our ward in a different area? Well, I'm moving to be companions with one of them. Hermana Kitchen will be my new companion- so I'll be in the same ward, but a different area and I am just moving to a different apartment across our complex. Hermana Frost will be staying as well in our old area and is getting Hermana Calamaco as her new companion- the native speaker I had as my comp for like a week and a half in ventura. Yeah, so it's a change, but not very far. I still don't know how I feel about it because I almost think it would be easier to just chagne completely, then to have to be so close and not get to go teach and visit our investigators in this area. And I'll still be seeing my old companion around a lot. Hermana Frost knew another Hermana who this kind of thing happened to and she described it as getting a new boyfriend, while you still get along with and have fond feelings for your ex who you have to see all the time. Funny huh? Although I obviously don't really know what that's like, I guess now I'll experience it a little haha.
Yeah, I have so many mixed feelings right now I don't really know what to say. But I know that the Lord is in control and I have a lot of trust and respect for our Mission President so I'll just keep working and get to know the other half of Oxnard. Hey, at least I get to still go to the Chiropractor! :)
Miracle report- We had THREE people at church yesterday!!!! None of the people who work on Sundays, obviously- but three fairly recent investigators. It was the perfect end to our transfer! It's another testament to me that the Lord blesses us with success when we work our hardest. He truly loves us and I know He's mindful of me and the work. I'm learning to truly trust Him and His timing. That's part of developing patience. I love the definition of patience that Preach my Gospel gives. It means we accept His will adn timing, and every trial that we face without getting frustrated or angry. We have complete faith in our Savior and His plan for us. I'm grateful for this opportunity I have to learn how to be patient. It may always be a work in progress, but I will always be striving to be better. That's what life is about. Working with the Savior's grace to constantly try and be better.
Ok, I love you all soooooo much and I hope you have a great week!
Con amor,
Hermana Hatch
No comments:
Post a Comment