"And they were all young men (and young women), and they were exceedingly valiant for courage, and also for strength and activity; but behold, this was not all- they were men (and women) who were true at all times in whatsoever thing they were entrusted."
-Alma 53:20, California Ventura Mission Theme

SEND LETTERS TO...

Hermana Allesha R. Hatch
L.D.S. Mission Office
260 Maple Court Suite 120
Ventura, California 93003

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Happy Tuesday! (January 18, 2011)

Wow family!  Thanks for the emails!  Hmmm mom maybe don't forward all of aunt flora's to me.  It's very confusing and I can't see the pictures or attachments anyways.  But I did enjoy the story about Gladys Knight.  Just do what you want :)
I LOVED the pictures!!!  You should send more! :)  Send some from Christmas, more from the wedding (of the whole fam too), and Bin you should send me pics of your apt (and that chocolate frog :) ).  Sorry I know I'm so demanding.  I just love hearing from you all and everyone sounds like they are doing great.  That's awesome about your photography business Heather!  You'll have to teach me when I get home!  And Joy, I am so sorry that you deal with fourth graders and all their drama.  Elementary school def has so much more than any other age.  Geeze that's tough.  Binny you looked so beautiful at your wedding!  I was so excited about the pictures I showed my companion, some Elders we serve with and my ward mission leader.  I was like, "look this is my family!  And my little sister is married!"  It was fun and they liked the pics too (although the kissy face one I think was a little funny for the elders to see...oh silly elders).  Mom, it sounds like you and dad are having a good time serving at the temple.  That makes me so happy!  And there are LOTS of opportunities to serve the Lord.  I think it's awesome that you are trying to do everything you can to serve some sort of mission.  The most important thing to the Lord is that you do everything you can to follow the prophet's counsel, and then He'll make the miracles happen and you will be blessed for your efforts- even if it's in your own ward.  I'm so happy you both have that desire!!!!  Way to go mom and dad!!!
Well, we got to go to the temple last friday and it was wonderful!  The Spirit was so strong and I learned so much and had answers to questions come to my mind.  I didn't want to leave!  But it helped that at least I was going back to the work of the Lord and doing what I can to fulfill the covenants I have made with Him.  It was something I really needed and I was grateful for that opportunity.  Especially because I'm pretty sure that I'm getting transferred next week and I may not be so close to the temple.  Ok, we never really know, but I've been in Oxnard for 7 1/2 mths so it's about time :)  I love it, but I wouldn't mind change.  So maybe wait on sending that package Heather. 
Gerardo is gonna get baptized this week and I'm super excited!  The Hernandez family is still progressing and are basically just waiting on the dad to feel ready.  Silverio got a job and may not be able to come to church, which means he may not be able ot get baptized just yet.  sad day.  But miracles can happen- especially if he puts in the effort.  Faith and works!  I gave up sweets this week to sympathize with two investigators that are quitting smoking and drinking.  They really were moved that I cared that much, and I do.  They prommised me that since I'm probably getting moved they'll come to church this Sunday.  We'll see, but I really hope they will, and they'll come, and feel the Spirit, and love it, and want to come again and again!!!  At least that's the plan. 
I'm really torn with transfers coming up.  I don't really know what I want, but there are a lot of possible options that make me nervous.  The biggest thing is that I'm just so ready to go senior or train or something!!!  It's been so hard for me because I've been junior longer than ANYONE!  I just need to be pushed, I want to grow- especially with my spanish.  I even finally told President I want to be senior.  I'm just never very good at expressing my true feelings cause I feel like I'm complaining, but I finally just had to tell him how I feel.  So we'll see what happens.  But, the thing I care the most about more than anything is what the Lord wants.  If He wants me to stay in Oxnard and stay Junior, so be it.  Because His way, is ALWAYS the best way, even if we can't see it right away.  I know everything will work out and I'll just enjoy my possible last week here in Oxnard.
Love you all mucho and hope you have a great week!
-Hermana Allesha Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment