"And they were all young men (and young women), and they were exceedingly valiant for courage, and also for strength and activity; but behold, this was not all- they were men (and women) who were true at all times in whatsoever thing they were entrusted."
-Alma 53:20, California Ventura Mission Theme

SEND LETTERS TO...

Hermana Allesha R. Hatch
L.D.S. Mission Office
260 Maple Court Suite 120
Ventura, California 93003

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Feliz Navidad (December 20, 2010)

Ok so I'm not really sure what type of translator it is.  But someone told me that they don't have it in Wal-mart but that you have to order it on Walmart on line.  But it's a word translator and has some games and such.  Everyone says it's only $50 so don't waste your money on something more.  If I figure out mroe specifics of it I will have Hno.Garcia text it to you or something. 
Hermana Shumway is really fun.  We have a lot in common and it's so fun talking about arizona things and she knows what I'm talking about- like "the 60" and the Easter Pageant.  Little things that we can relate to.  Plus, she did tech work on shows at MCC and totally knows who Mitchell Glass is and Breckyn and Bryson Jones!  Crazy!  Btw, could you get me Bryson's address?  Thanks!  Yeah, it's such a small world.  Everyone thinks she's new and I'm training her and she tries to get away with saying she doesn't speak much Spanish, but I let them know she actually has more time in the mission than me and speaks more haha. 
It's crazy to think how long I've been in Oxnard.  Some of the families' older kids have come home for Christmas break and they all were surprised to see that I am still here haha.  But I love it and I'm glad I get to spend Christmas and New Years here.  We'll be calling around 2pm from Hno. Tone's cell phone.  I think the time might be an hour off between AZ and CA.  It may be 3 there.  I don't know.  Just know that I'm calling at 2 CA time.  We have a Christmas devotional this week with our zone and the mission president, and some dinners with members on the holidays.  We're also gonna open gifts with the other hermanas that live close and do a breakfast together.  It'll be fun.  Oh, and lots of caroling!  Yay!  Too bad I kind of lost my voice (I've been just a little under the weather).  So if I sound funny on the phone that's why. 
Just don't worry about sending the blanket, it's true that it'll be more to carry aound.  I really appreciate the thought and I would love it but I don't have a lot more room in my luggage.  Conference talks on cd would be good, I probably honestly wouldn't listen to the children's songbook cd.  If you want to buy a children's songbook in Spanish (like the actual book) that would be good!  Hna. Kitchen is gone so it looks like I'm the new pianist in the ward.   Don't stress too much about it though.  I don't need things to be happy.  BTW, I'm sending a package today of something very special for the family for Christmas.  It's awesome and I hope you like it!  But, I'm gonna be sending it wrapped in my poncho the Bishop gave us so I don't have to carry that around with me.  So, the pancho is not the gift- sorry, that's mine :) - but the other thing is. 
Oh, while I'm thinking about it, please do get my cello back from Zach ASAP :)  and can you send me the announcement?  I want to see it and the bum didn't even write to tell me he's getting married or send me an announcement.  Oh well, asi es.
We've had lots of rain here which makes missionary work pretty fun haha.  Hermana Shumway hates it- a true AZ girl- but it's really not too bad.  With sacrifice brings blessings, right?  
Anyways, i don't really know what else to write at this moment.  I'm excited to talk to you all on Christmas!!!! WOOHOO!!!  Don't go too crazy with wedding plans.  Just enjoy the journey and laugh at the mistakes and little bumps in the road.  Enjoy the holiday season and tell everyone hello for me Feliz Navidad and I love them!  
I love you all very very much!  
Hasta Sabado,
Hermana Hatch 

No comments:

Post a Comment