Thanks for the emails mom! They were very uplifting and I really enjoyed reading all about you scout a rama thing and my sisters and just everyday life. It really is fun to read even about the little things- like cason fake snoring. It makes me feel a little bit more involved in your lives. It seems like Heather's photo business is doing great! She's gonna do a shoot at the temple! So cool! I bet Lindsey had fun being the model :) That's awesome that Joy and Aaron and Dallin got to go to sea world and the san diego temple! I bet that was so fun! It made me laugh to know that Dad was telling the missionaries at the visitors center about me. I'm sure they just loved that haha. And I'm sure you will give an awesome talk on Easter mom. Don't worry, we're all unperfect, but it's not really us that speaks anyways, it's the Spirit. I've realized so much that sometimes it doesn't really matter what we say, as long as we have the Spirit with us and we are living righteously. The people will feel that Spirit touch their hearts adn then He can teach them the things that they really need to hear. Most of our investigators don't remember many details about things we teach, but they remember how they feel- and that's what converts them. The Spirit really is the Senior companion. Without Him we are nothing. I am really learning the importance of the Spirit. It is so crucial to everyday life. As Elder Bednar taught in Conference in October, every single thing that we do in the church is to recieve the Holy Ghost as our constant companion. Mommy I know that you are a good person :) and so don't worry, the Lord will bless you and the people in the congregation with His Spirit. I will be praying for you.
Well, April 6th was a wonderful day! Zone training all day long which was really good and inspiring. I learned a lot and got to talk to President a little bit afterwards about my job situation. He said that they are willing to help with whatever I need- even if that means doing a phone interview with a school. I haven't heard from Dr. Holder so I'm not really sure what his response is to what I said. I know I was very honest- a fault of mine- but I have to be so that he knows all the information. I'm so scared to go home and start teaching right away. I'm scared that I won't remember anything. I'm scared that I'll hate it and be miserable. I'm just scared about a lot of things. And I honestly don't really want to move to Las Vegas right away. I won't have a car, a phone, or a place to live- and I really do want time to be home with all of you- my family. A mission really helps you to get a more eternal perspective of things and of life and I know that family is the most important. I don't know what to do and you know how much I hate not knowing. But I'm trying to have faith and keep praying and working and focussing on the work during the week. I want to take advantage of the time I have left. By the way- is that eduprice or whatever charter school it was job for K-8 or what grades? I really don't want to teach elementary school general music if I can help it. Me and rooms full of children- no bueno.
Anyways, back to my wonderful April 6th day. After training we went to get our oil changed there in Bakersfield before the baptism. While waiting we ended up talking to this man in the waiting room. He actually talked to us first but then didn't say anything for awhile. I don't know why but it was really hard for me to get up the courage to talk to him. But I did and it ended up being great. We found out how he changed his life and was in rehab and even started reading a BoM there. He said he wasn't sure about having missionaries come to his house cause he lives with his parents- but we gave him a card and told him to check out mormon.org- which is AWESOME by the way!- and have them send missionaries if he was ever interested. After we went to the baptism and it was beautiful. President Murri even came and one of his counselors. Alvaro and Anastacio are so happy and after recieving the Holy Ghost yesterday well sunday and being confirmed they are officially members of the Church of Jesus Christ. They are so great and I am so happy for them. AND two of our recent converts passed the sacrament on Sunday (one of them was Ramon that just got baptized). It was such an awesome sunday.
Well, we have transfers coming up next week and we found out there are 2 new hermanas coming in. That means there is a high probability that I could train and that one of us is getting moved. We'll see what happens...
I love you all soooo much and I hope that everyone is doing well. I'm glad to hear that Valerie is doing good. Tell all the family that I love them. Have a great week and live worthy of the Spirit! Oh, and I want to hear about how you all liked conference! What was your favorite talk or something you learned? I'd love to hear from you all! Los Quiero!
Ok, con mucho carino,
Hermana Hatch
No comments:
Post a Comment