Ok pues we actually got some computers today so I get a chance to write. Hooray! Sorry about the last couple of weeks. We've been having to share time on one computer and I want my companion to have what time she needs to write to her family. Thanks so much Heather for the teaching philosophy papers. My companion was like "what, you don't remember?" Yeah it's pretty crazy but she'll see when you try to forget everything outside of the mission and the gospel for a year and a half and "leave all wordly cares behind" you tend to forget things. Especially here in Arvin. It really feels like I'm in a foreign country. The other day when we were in Bakersfield we stopped by Wal Mart- we just recently got permission to go to a store we don't have here when we're in Bakersfield- and I saw the 7th HP movie part one on dvd and I was in shock. I had completely forgotten about it and it was so weird to see dvds of movies I have not even heard of. It's kind of nice being away from it all. I've come to realize that we really can live and be extremely happy without all the worldly things and entertainment. In fact, it feels good to be so disconnected. Ok, that doesn't mean I will not watch movies when I get home ;) But I have learned how little importance all of that actually plays. At the beginning of my mission I would see a movie on a bilboard or hear one playing in another room or something and sometimes I would just long to watch it and really miss it. But I can honestly say that I don't really miss anything about life outside of the mission now- other than you all of course!!!! Ok thanks for listening to me ramble on. I don't know how or why I got on that tangent.
Thanks mom for sharing your thoughts about being critical. it's definitely something that I've been working on during the mission. Through interactions with companions I've realized that I really am quite a critical person and it's a really hard habit to break. But I'm trying and we are all works in progress. A lot of times it's just the way that we phrase or say something that makes it critical. I definitely have gained a tstimony that we have the Spirit more when we keep our language uplifting with each other and focus on the good things.
Being a trainer has gotten easier and although Hna randall and I are very different, we communicate well and are overcoming our differences. It's been a fun process and I love her a lot. Her spanish is improving and she's becoming a great missionary. I call her my prodigy child. She's super sweet and fun and I'm excited to report that we are staying together for my last transfer! woohoo! President called us yesterday for transfers (which really freaked me out cause he usually only calls when there are changes) but he said that he decided not to trunky transfer me (last transfer change). So I get to finish my mission here in Arvin!!!!! I'm so happy and excited! I'm not gonna lie, they've already started planning my farewell party hahaha. I guess they can't wait to see me go. :)
I love these people so much! They have become my family! Let me tell you about a couple of people I've grown to really love here. First is Dario. Dario is a recent convert of about a year. He was found and taught by some of my prior companions. he was golden from the start and is funny and super intelligent and is gonna be a general authority one day. Until then, he can be the Arvin branch president. He goes out with us to lessons and is basically our ward mission leader out here in Arvin (unofficially). He is going to be going through the temple either my last week here or after I leave and I am totally gone be there!
Ok well unfortunately that's all the time I have so I guess you'll have to wait to hear about the rest of them. I'm doing well, the Lord is helping us out so much and constantly guiding the work here. Everytime I feel like I'm at the end of my rope with someone or something, the Lord guides me and gives me the answer or comfort I need to keep going and help these people.
A lot of the people we're teaching right now aren't really progressing, but we keep working hard and I have faith that the Lord can work miracles.
I love you all so much! BTW, thanks for the pictures! That was awesome! And the clothes were perfect mom! You guys are so great!. Have a great week and behave yourselves. You are all in my prayers!
Love,
Hermana Hatch
No comments:
Post a Comment